Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Charity Help Our Troops

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Craftycat, ooops sorry, problem was I had started the post before checking your forum name. I will soon get them memorised and thanks for the welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Hotcrafter and welcome to the forum :-)

I will check out the link as I make far more cards than I need lol so it will be good to have somewhere to send them.

Kaz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Hotcrafter - and welcome!!!!! Just tell us what you need, and we'll see what we can do!

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Hotcrafter - pleased to meet you xx

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the welcome and nice to meet you all. Regarding the cards we send them out all year round but at certain times we concentrate on specific occasions such as Christmas, Mothers and Fathers Day etc. We always launch a Christmas Appeal in September as you may appreciate I have to have all the cards in before the 2nd weeks in November to give them time to get out there, be circulated and then back home to their families. Some things to be aware of given that these are going to an operational environment, freepost and within the MOD limitations are, Little or NO glitter on the cards as this gets on their kit and can light them as perfect targets, if using decoupage please limit it to no more than 3 layers, please keep to standard sizes as these have to go out in shoe boxes and again the freepost rules apply when they are sending them home. Try to keep the verses brief as obviously we do not know the people who will be sending or receiving the cards. At the moment Fathers Day cards are our priority but since we need them in before then end of this month it may be a little for that but the main cards we are always short of are childrens birthday cards, cards for males such as birthdays and get well cards for male or female. We accept all cards and always acknowledge receipt of them and every few weeks we update our website with the on going total so people know how generous crafters are. I hope that is all you need to know but please ask if you are unsure and thank you again.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

eyeful Guest

Hi Hotcrafter and welcome xxx

Post Thanks / Like

I received a package of cards today with some stamps enclosed too so I would like to thank ageless for sending them. The cards are lovely and exactly what we need and I the stamps too, really good to see a decent amount of foreign ones in with them as we get so few and they raise much more for us. Thanks again for your kind support.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello I have again received a lovely package of 50 cards and they are perfect for our cause. We are really grateful for the response from you all and it is boosting our ability to send a good selection and quantity of cards over to the sandpit. Would you please bear with me as I have not yet got used to the names that go with your forum names so I will have to say thank you to Freda for your lovely cards, they will go out late May after the Fathers Days cards. I sent 4 boxes full of cards out on Tuesday, so just over 120 and next week 3 boxes of Fathers Day cards going from me and 2 from my co founder so that should amount to around 150 -160 so a great result.:mysmilie_508:
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Hotcrafter, and welcome!! I think you're all doing a wonderful job, thank you
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction to add some information concerning an appeal we have running for HOT. It is an on going appeal as are the cards but it for stamps, I thought it might be worth a try to ask on here too but not sure where to put it. Any advice would be really appreciated, Thanks.