Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Charity Help Our Troops

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another package of cards arrived today and this time they were from mini haha, Yes the Fathers Days ones are just in time as they are going out on Tuesday so good timing. Thank you for the comments on your note and thank you so much for the cards they are perfect. Thanks again x
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hello again, do I take it that nobody can assist me with my question re the stamps. I have waited a few days for people to see it but no replies so not sure whether I should go into more detail on here or maybe start a new thread????:thinking::mysmilie_504:

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all, I received a lovely pack of cards on Friday and not sure if they were sent by a member from here. So If there is a Mrs Lynne Fulton who has sent the cards then I thank you very much, they are lovely and perfect for sending over to the sandpit. Thank You.:mysmilie_508:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcrafter View Post
    Hello again, do I take it that nobody can assist me with my question re the stamps. I have waited a few days for people to see it but no replies so not sure whether I should go into more detail on here or maybe start a new thread????:thinking::mysmilie_504:
    Think the prob may be that not many of us get letters now with stamps on - they tend to put them through franking machines for bills and circulars, and many people keep in touch by email or text's. I will save you mine Hotcrafter but it will be a while before they mount up. I only have one from Thailand, one from Greece and a couple of british second class so far!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry slightly off topic but do the Xmas card need to be with you at the beginning of November or earlier because if the rush.
    Ive decided I'll probably do this instead of all the other cards I normally do this year

I have learnt to keep an open mind, but not to be so open minded my brains fall out

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Comfrey, Thank you so much for your enquiry about Christmas Cards , and although it seems very early to be talking Christmas you are right about being early. We actually start our preparation for Christmas in July as there is so much to do. All Christmas cards need to be with me before 1st November, this then gives us time to get them boxed and out there before the 3rd week in November. The are then sent out to where they needed, written, collected back up and sent back to their families by the end of the 1st week in December. So I want to say a huge thank you in advance if you are going to be making a start on them and it will be lovely to se them when they arrive.:up:

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Jacksmissis and I totally understand what you are saying about franking. It does not matter how long it takes, if it is 6 months before you get a couple of dozen together then that's fine. Can you leave at least half an inch round the stamps so they do not get damaged and when you have an envelope full then let me know and I will let you have my details for sending them. Thanks again.:mysmilie_504:

Post Thanks / Like

First of all I want to say again thank you for all the cards that have been sent so far and the promise of more to come, we really do appreciate your support for what is a very worthwhile cause. Now I would like to mention our Stamp Appeal in case any of you would like to help with that. It is simply really all we ask is you save all your used stamps and then when you have a small bundle of them send them to me for checking and trimming. This can bring us in much needed funds of around £500 - £600 a year. All you need to do is remove the stamp from the letter or parcel by cutting it off and leaving around 1/2" all the way round the stamp so as not to damage it. The large Gold printed stamps that the PO use are no good so please do not bother collecting them and we are always desperate for foreign stamps. So if you think you can in the stamp appeal we would be so grateful. Hope you don't think I am being cheeky. :cheeky:

Post Thanks / Like

No I don't think your cheeky hotcrafter, it will just take time for me personally!! Think you mean we only save the traditional lick and stick type (or the peel and stick ones) ?.

Post Thanks / Like

It does not matter whether they are stick on or lick and stick, they can be as old as they go back or as new as they come the only thing is they need to be totally in tact. By the big gold ones, I mean those that are over 2" square that the post office print and stick on for such as parcels. If in doubt save it and I will check it when they arrive. Thanks.