Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Page Swap?

lolathelamb Guest

Lightbulb A Page Swap?

Have you ever had a scrapbook page swap? An 8x8 page would fit in a C4 envelope. No need for family photos that are a private thing - how about a page about 'food' - not NOW though - you have enough swaps on your plates!

I am thinking recipes, favourite meals, restaurants, types of food, healthy food, naughty foods etc - food for thought, in fact! Done well, the swapped page would enhance a recipe folder, if anyone keeps them. We do and it is A4 size, so perfect.

Will be away this coming week, from Tuesday - a lovely mini-break for hubby and me at a disabled friendly B&B in the South West. So don't be offended by no replies.

Just add your thoughts and I'll see about it when I get home - not necessarily thinking for me to run it as you haven't known me long so might not want me to have your details - I'd understand that!

Post Thanks / Like

Lola, that is a BRILLIANT idea - it might even inspire me to start scrapping properly instead of just messing about with stuff! It would take longer than a card, but otherwise I don't see why it couldn't work. And of course nowadays most of us can print copies of photos so it's quite easy to do.
    In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely break away, such a perfect time to go away. Hope you get some decent weather and can get out in the fresh air!

Post Thanks / Like

Lola, great idea! Also, I hope you don't mind me adding my 2-pennies worth. You could just agree to leave the place (or places) where your going to put the photo blank. For example, create a page with a mount left blank for a 6x4 photo - I've done scrapping-classes like that, when you build the page in the class and add the photo later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dips View Post
    Lola, great idea! Also, I hope you don't mind me adding my 2-pennies worth. You could just agree to leave the place (or places) where your going to put the photo blank. For example, create a page with a mount left blank for a 6x4 photo - I've done scrapping-classes like that, when you build the page in the class and add the photo later.
    That's an interesting way of building a layout. I always thought you started with the photo & took inspiration from that (says her who's done only 2 scrapbooks ever)...Although, I suppose if you're given a specific theme it's easier...

Lola, I'm thinking I like the idea of a 'scrap' swap. Possibly ;)

lolathelamb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wellington View Post
    That's an interesting way of building a layout. I always thought you started with the photo & took inspiration from that (says her who's done only 2 scrapbooks ever)...Although, I suppose if you're given a specific theme it's easier...

It would simply be personal preference. I would prefer to start with the image and work the page from that but we are all different. I can also see the value of swapping a page someone could make use of with their own photo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wellington View Post
    (says her who's done only 2 scrapbooks ever)...
    You made me laugh, Welly! I have done lots of pages but not yet finished an entire Scrapbook - I see them all as ongoing projects!

I'm liking this idea of an 8x8 swap - I'm not sure how many themes we could come up with ......

I might well be interested though!
    "I'm older than I ever intended to be!"

lolathelamb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Colourarc View Post
    I'm liking this idea of an 8x8 swap - I'm not sure how many themes we could come up with ......
    I might well be interested though!
    I'm thinking of a number of themes - bear in mind, a photo can be scenery or anything that does not include family and friends, really.

There's

• each of the seasons
    • weather
    • celebration
    • a named colours
    • a named shape
    • fashion
    • favourite things
    • my craft (room)
    • TSV

And so it goes on...but I thought 'food' would be a common bond to get us all up and running with it!

Oh dear, that doesn't sound quite right.

Anyway, this is not meant to detract from the current swaps.
    Last edited by lolathelamb; 01-03-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: getting it right!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

OK, Lola ~ you've got me thinking now ..... food is a good start I think .... or should we be specific . . . . . . . CHOCOLATE ! ;)
    "I'm older than I ever intended to be!"

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like fun to me. I like scrapping 8x8.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not the world's most experienced scrapper - and infact haven't done any for a while. I would love to take part in a swap - I think it would be a great way to get going again.

Have a lovely break Lola!