Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally conquered my fear! I think!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I finally conquered my fear! I think!!!!!

Well I've finally bit the bullet!

After 40 years I've finally got round to using a sewing machine!!!!! After using ones at school I hated using a machine. I couldn't control the speed! It shot away from me. Same using Mam's old Singer machine. Well 12 years ago she traded that in for a Janome XC33 and she only used it twice cos she hated it!!! Well sorry Mam, today I got it out - minus the distructions - and eventually got it working! It has 30 different stitches including the lock off stitch and some different feet including a button hole one. Also a MEM - whatever that is!!!!! It's cute, dinky, and is now sitting proudly on its own little table in the bedroom. So I can sit on the side of the bed and use it with wonderful natural light.

So this morning I did a cushion cover, and am now doing a pair of curtains - I know they're not perfect, but as they won't really be on public display I don't care. I made them and I love them. So now I've just got 2 huge RUBs of fabrics to work through. Also it's not putting a strain on my wrist, so I can craft, watch TV and enjoy myself. WOOHOO!!!!! :clapping:
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Suban!!! I hope you have loads of fun using the machine - and I'm sure that your curtains and covers are beautiful hun xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Truly but got the awful feeling the side seams look like a dog's hind leg -as a certain mother would have "kindly" put it! :)
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Ah well done Suban. Hope you have many hours of fun with the machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps MEM is Memory Susan?

Kate's Cards Guest

Don't sew Timmy's tail now will you!!! Bet the curtains and cushion are much nicer than the dogs dinner I'd have made! xx

Post Thanks / Like

Well done suban, enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely Suban, Mum would be so chuffed you're having a go!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you are doing better than you think - it's all a matter of practising (as with most things - if you know what I mean!).

Post Thanks / Like

Getting started is often the most difficult thing. I love sewing but still look at it for a while before I can get going and I would definitely find curtains challenging. Dog's hind leg - you can still love the dog and I bet you are doing better then you think you are.

The more who get into sewing the better!
    Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/