Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fund Raising for HOT - Helping Our Troops

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Fund Raising for HOT - Helping Our Troops

As I mentioned I have decided to add a new topic for this appeal rather than leave it with the card appeal. This concerns the Stamp Appeal which I also run to help raise much needed funds for our work and for very little work and cost people can help to raise a very good amount of money. In the last 3 years or so we have raised around £1,000 by running this appeal and it is very simple, all we ask is for anyone who can to save all their used/unused stamps both British and Foreign. If you save them until you have a good envelope full or a small parcel full then send them to me. There are few things you need to know except the stamp must NOT be damaged in any way or it renders them useless, the large gold postage stickers that are put on at the post office are not stamps so please do not save them. You do not need to trim them we will do that but please leave at least 1/2" all the way round the stamp, it would be really helpful if you could just separate any foreign from the British ones. That's it really but it would be great if you could perhaps gets friends and family involved, maybe have a tuperware box or jam jar and fill it up then send them in. We have got a couple of schools collecting, 3 local post office to me and several companies in various parts of the country and given the most awful events of last week can you think of a better cause for your stamps. Thank You so much for reading this and I hope you can join in this appeal.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to try and draw your attention to this post again if there is anyone out there that thinks they can collect the stamps for us. Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

Bien sure mon petit!!!!!!! - Lanuguage practice day!!!!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

I've started saving mine but to be honest I don't get much mail with stamps on these days , its either franked or a pre paid thingy .I'll send them when I get enough though after all Christmas isn't too far away lol
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to those of you who are collecting, I do appreciate we get very few stamps now and it might take 4 or 5 months to get an envelope full together but every single stamp is very welcome and we are patient people lol. We are hoping to take on a large project within the next few months and the sad events owe all saw unfold in front of us on the TV 3 weeks ago has really confirmed in our minds that we will be going this for a long time. We are going to attempt something very ambitious for such a small charity as we are with little funds but both myself and my co founder and good friend are very determined people and we will do our everything we can to pull it off. I cannot say any more abut it yet as we have to discuss things in much more detail and having had an idea pinched by another charity (one much bigger than us) we want to keep it under wraps as long as we can.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A friend has given me a small bag of stamps, so you can have them if you wish as guide dogs no longer take them due to idiots adding hypodermics in them!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You and yes we would love them, Guide Dogs stopped taking them in this area months ago too such a shame that some idiots have to spoil things. I will pm you with the details for posting them, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Hotcrafter. Where does the money go to that is raised by selling the stamps please?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, all the money raised at the moment goes on the parcels that go to Afghan and another location overseas. We send not only welfare parcels that each cost around £7 but we also send out parcels for the med centre at Bastion and they can cost around £7 - £10 each. We try to send out between 20 and 30 parcels per month depending on the funds available, it is our intention to use the money for a large project for the servicemen and women next year when there will be fewer and fewer out in Afghan, however we will still have several hundred out there until well at least the end of next year and possibly into 2015. Apologies for the delay in the reply but I hope that helps.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to remind people about the stamp appeal and hope those of who have read the post are busy collecting. Thank You.