Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally finished

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Finally finished

The runner for the dresser. I gave it a wash this morning, it and another small piece of finished cross stitch are now hanging in the bathroom drying. I want to go over the dresser with the scratch cover stuff, then give it a wax polish before the runner is in place, fingers crossed I might get that done this weekend, or early next week.

I've made a start on my first cross stitched Christmas card, a church window with holly. :140:

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Busy going through all my started stuff to finish them off! Like the daffodil table cloth I found today!!!!!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suban View Post
    Busy going through all my started stuff to finish them off! Like the daffodil table cloth I found today!!!!!
    Oh that sounds delightful Suban! If you want a home for it when it's finished I'd happily buy it from you. It needs to live in Wales if it has daffs on it LOL!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooo that sounds lovely Susan. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a Rico kit bought atchooo years ago! I'll let you know when it's finished - it's a square cloth. OMG also found some cushion cover kits from New Stitches/Stitch Direct!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Oh now you really must do those Susan. My runner was from two fairly recent issues of New Stitches. I had to make it longer, nearly twice as long, to fit the dresser, heaven only knows just how much it cost me in the end. Well worth it anyway, which is the main thing. ;)

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Found some evenweave for The Last Supper - hope it's big enough as I really didn't like the Aida!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like Aida either. Made a start on my first Chrissy card the other day, yeah I know, but I wanted somat quick to make. It is on 16 count Aida. Finished the church window bit yesterday, now onto the holly under the window. Made a mistake while doing it at the stitching group, so had to do a bit of frogging. That will teach me that I should grid the material no matter how small it is.

Going to see if I can have a go at rubbing down the top of the dresser in the morning, then use the scratch cover stuff on it, before giving it a proper waxing. Gawd knows where I am going to put the stuff that is on the dresser, especially the Westminster clock. Nawty little fluffits cannot be trusted where ornaments are concerned. They do know they are not allowed on the dresser, but that doesn't mean to say they take a blind bit of notice. It is very hard to be cross with them, especially Inky who always puts the "aren't I clever" look on her face. Hard to be cross with Ozzie too, 'cos it is usually his naughty sister who leads him astray.

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    The runner for the dresser. I gave it a wash this morning, it and another small piece of finished cross stitch are now hanging in the bathroom drying. I want to go over the dresser with the scratch cover stuff, then give it a wax polish before the runner is in place, fingers crossed I might get that done this weekend, or early next week.

I've made a start on my first cross stitched Christmas card, a church window with holly. :140:

Roz
    TUT TUT you know bad language is not allowed on the forum The word Christmas must not be used until July LOL
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

But darhling it is nearly July. Only another 11 days to go. Anyhoooo, they have mentioned Christmas quite a lot on C & C/IW today. Not that I've had the sound on, but I know they have had Chrissy stuff on the shows. :)

Roz