Thread: Free needlework Downloads

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Free needlework Downloads

I've found the most glorious website that has loads of patterns for various forms of needlework. It is called Antique Pattern Library, I would give the URL, but don't want Gareth shouting at me. :) Anyway everything is free to download, though as I am so pleased with the books, all out of print/copyright, that I did make a donation.

There is something for everybody who is in to any form of needlework. Be warned though, I was only looking for embroidery transfers, Hardanger, and pulled work, yet have spent a couple of hours on there. Don't think I dare look through the knitting and crochet books. :)

Roz
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

What a fascinating site - there is a book on there dated 1922 showing how to make crepe flowers and that is only the second book I looked at! Will you occupied for hours looking at them all.

Post Thanks / Like

What an amazing collection of books. I've downloaded a book on church embroidery onto Kindle. I did a course on ecclesiastical embroidery at the Royal School of Needlework when it was in Kensington, but I haven't had the time to make much except a couple of stoles for DH. But maybe ..... In the future .......

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

My dad used to make crepe paper carnations and sell them in Leeds market. I was allowed to help, but only with the shaping of the crepe paper and painting the edges. I was rubbish at the rest, couldn't for the life of me get the green stems to look even half right, much less good enough to sell.

My dad was good at drawing too, something else I was rubbish at, and still am. One Easter we make daffodils at school, my dad was really pleased with my efforts. When somebody else is pleased, well it sort of gives one a real thrill. I still couldn't get the hang of his carnations, but no matter, we still had common ground. :)

I've downloaded loads of stuff from that website, especially anything that has anything to do with Hardanger. I'm hoping to come up with something nice once I have finished the pulled thread runner I am making for the dresser in the hall. I've reached the border, but as the runner is nearly twice as long as it should be, and I am also doing two extra rows on the border........ it could be some time before it is finished.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog