Thread: Card swap photos - PLEASE READ!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Card swap photos - PLEASE READ!!!!

Hi folks,

Thought it was me being confused about who was or wasn't on lists, but it turns out that the problem seems to be with Royal Mail!!!! Just received another 4 cards today - one with apologies from sender, so fair enough - but thanks Susan! Jane has phoned to say her card is on its way and as she's been away and has other health problems I don't care when it arrives I know it will in due course and will be beautiful! Of the other 3 that arrived today one CLEARLY has last week's post mark on it! The others are fudgy but I can see one should definitely have arrived yesterday at the latest.

As there are one or two others missing in action I'm holding off posting until the end of the week.

It's not that I don't want to share their beauty - well I don't cos they're mine and they are gorgeous!!!!! Just I don't want folks seeing them in dribs and drabs!!!

However (so you know thy haven't gone astray) thank you so far to:-

Maisie, Julie, Susan W, LynneH, Pam, Liz, Roz, Spendsloads, Williamspringer, Angie, Eyeful, Bluebell Wood, Janice, Winspiration, Jenty, Welly, Satincollie, Von2, JSC, Looby, Millburn, Little Jan, Sugarplum, Agelesscraft.

So thank you all so much and photos will be posted in due course - and the cards are staying up till Christmas!!!!!

Love and hugs
    xxxx
    Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

And still they arrive!!!!

A love card from Spainjane and a belated card from Mitzi - which brought tears of laughter with the front of it - and tears of friendship for her message to me on the inside! Had some more snailmail from other sources as well!!!

Forgot to say one of the envelopes yesterday had a Royal Mail survey attached to it - no room for complaints on it I notice!!!!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Susan hon, are you going to share your photos with us??????

Post Thanks / Like

Sure am - can I ask folks a question - how long do the batteries last in folk's digital cameras???? Got my stuff all set up and batteries are flat again! This camera seems to eat batteries regardless of how often or little I use it! Needed it ready for Saturday as well!!! Feel like I'm banging my head on a brick wall, but can't afford to buy a new one - camera that is! Going to see if the cable will work with my phone and if the battery in the phone will last longer - please bear with me!

Post Thanks / Like

Your camera will drain the battery even if put aside and not active. To prevent this, undo the battery chamber so that the battery is not engaged when you finished using your camera. I now do this automatically and means that my camera is always ready to go.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

My Craft Blog - DipsDesigns.com My Pinterest Boards My Youtube Craft Videos

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Alternatively get yourself a battery charger and a set of ReCyko Batteries. They keep their charge for a very long time even if you leave them in the camera and last ages and ages on one charge.

All normal batteries are losing charge all the time even if not engaged in the camera, don't know why but that's how they work apparently, but these ReCyko ones I have found brilliant

Their advertising blurb says that they keep 85% of their charge after 12 months, and I have found that to be true

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GP-AA-ReCyko...cyko+batteries

They may seem a little pricey but I have had my set for well over 4 years now and still holding their charge whenever I charge them up. Bought them for my Daughter as well and she really abuses her camera, ie, is snapping away non stop as anyone who has ever seen her FB page will tell you!
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've not heard of ReCyko - will check them out* - but I also use high-power rechargeable batteries in my camera. Mine are Eneloop 2000 mAh.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sanyo-Eneloop-Pack-Batteries-HR-4UTGB-4BP-CASE/dp/B009E2TPNI/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1371472067&sr=1-17&keywords=eneloop+batteries

Ordinary (non-rechargeable) batteries, even Duracell, run out so quickly it's not worth using them. It's only a small camera.

* Looks like they're pretty similar.