Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've been baughty - again!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying not to give into temptation! After all I've over 200 projects to do!!!! :mysmilie_847:
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    Ah now, Supermart send the goodies to Amazon UK, who then send on to me. Soooo the price quoted on Amazon is all I have to pay. Had that not been the case then I would have bought from Colray. :)

Roz
    Ahh that explains why things I have bought from this company have a GB franking mark on them, might have been Wiltshire.

Anyway you have all made me buy a felt Chrimbo stocking kit, I haven't done any felt sewing since I was 10! , let's hope it all comes back to me quickly.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Please note Julie............... I am not responsible for encouraging you to buy. Well maybe this one, but when you find loads of them hanging around the house in the future - IT A'INT MY FAULT! :(

I started with some Santa ornaments, 12 of them I think. I gave some away, but kept about seven or eight of them. Four had pipes, but my Santa's do not smoke, so the pipes were omitted. :) I even left out two lines of T'was the night before Christmas (cross stitch thingie) because they mentioned smoking pipes.

One word of advice is not to cut out all the pieces in one go. It tells you not to in the destructions, but having had to slap the wrists of my mother when she wanted to 'help' by cutting things out, I may as well warn you. There is usually a little satin stitch embroidery, eyes, noses, and such like, but that is very easy to do. All the pieces are stamped onto the felt, so no need to use a paper pattern, difficult to draw round, or anything like that. Just make sure you cut slightly inside the stamped bit.

There are usually more than enough threads, beads and sequins, though I did find I was missing a couple of the main sequins on my tree Advent calendar. Not that I was that fussed as I had already decided I wasn't going to use them anyway, I used some silver coloured buttons instead. The ornaments were much easier to hang on those. I have a stocking Advent calendar as well as the tree, each day we have to guess what the next ornament will be. It is amazing just how difficult it can be. We are lucky if we can manage five correct between us. We got so forgetful I had to type a list for each calendar. The bits and bobs for each day are kept in their own stocking, which reminds me, when I make the new one I am going to have to make something to keep 'the stuff' in. :)

Didn't finish the backstitching on my A Cat Is........... though I did do some of it. Watched the Gaelic footy, so did some knitting instead. A third of the sleeve, well up to the armhole shaping, is now finished. :)

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

3 comforters finished and 6 rounds left to do on the orange one. Then I'll finish the yellow one.
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Well there ya go, we have been bizzy bunnies this week. :)

Bought two Christmas cross stitch heart thingies (Docrafts) from Dot this afternoon. Only £3.50 each for two pieces of Aida, the threads, stuffing, ribbon and chart, plus paper template for the heart shape. No needle, but I have squillions of those.

Collected the Michigan piccie I've had framed, bought a frame for another piccie from Wilkinson's, and finally took my Ireland map to be framed. Only £27, and that includes the mount and him doing the stretching. I've three blackwork piccies that need doing as well, so will take those in before the chap retires.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to use all my yarns up by the end of the month, so will plough on!

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I'd never dug that flippin' UFO out again. I'm determined to try and finish it before our Monday thingie next week. No chance I will ever have it framed though as I am sick to the back teeth of the thing. Nope, sorry and all that, but I will never like it, I know I won't. I'm just doing it as a mind over matter thing. Soooo should my mind decide it wants to do something else, then I won't be held responsible. :)

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Must admit I've a few like that - they seemed okay at the time, but now ..... guess that's why they're in the UFO pile!

Finished the orange comforter, 12 rounds left to do on the yellow one. I'm now avoiding anywhere selling crafty stuff until I get the stash down to manageable proportions.

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh, no chance of avoiding anything crafty, not when Dot is pointing my nose in the general direction of new goodies. If she doesn't, then our stitching group leader (nawty Christine) tries to egg me on. Finished the 'bits' on the cat picky, made a start on the penultimate cat, the one with its head in a paper bag! Should, with luck, get that just about finished tomorrow, though it does depend on how my right hand is. No problems with the thumb, it is the first finger, which has had its own problems since the accident. I'm not sure if it is the tendon, the bone, or both, but is it very close to where they join up to the tendon and bone in my thumb. Don't want to take more than two lots of Co-codamol a day if I can help it, especially as my doc isn't that keen on my having 'em. I don't think she wants me to have anything to be honest, just put up with it. :(

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Well my Bucilla kit came very quickly and it looks beautiful. I bought the Snowflake Snowman one although I have a sneaky feeling it is a bit ambitious for my first time effort, I do have till Christmas though !