Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Life

Post Thanks / Like

Default Project Life

Is anyone into Project Life?

I don't scrapbook at all for various reasons, one being that I'm a very slow crafter (it can take me days to make one card - and not necessarily even a card with lots of elements to it.) It would take me forever to make up a whole scrapbook and I'd probably get sick of it long before it was done, and abandon it. Project Life seems as if it needn't take much time and effort, if you just buy all the ingredients and just add a few photos and a bit of journalling. Then if I got more into it or had more time available, I could make more of the cards myself instead of using the ready-made ones and art it up a bit. It's rather expensive, but you always have to pay for convenience of the ready-made and again, it's easy enough to make bits for it instead of always buying them.

So I'd love to hear from anyone who's used the system - pros, cons, is it an easy way into scrapbooking or just a big cheat? Is it stocked in any UK shops where I can go and have a browse, or is online ordering the only way to get it?

TIA

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really into scrapbooking, but if anyone is interested in Project Life and has a Silhouette, there are loads of the cards available as cuts/prints.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure it's that much quicker as you have to put something in each section. Scrapbooking doesn't have to be time consuming. You can if you wish put just one photo and a simple piece of journalling on a page and it does the job and looks fabulous with the right paper.

If you want to display a lot of photos eg a holiday the WRMK photo sleeves are very good. I use one filled with photos of the event and opposite I have a traditional page with one or two feature photo's and the journalling. They also work well to display memorabillia too.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Janet
    'Misspent youth, overspent middle age'

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for that link. I think if I get some of those I can make my own system at a much lower cost. I liked the look of the scraprack pockets but they didn't gave them separately on the website.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have a look on You Tube. I'm subscribed to some people's videos and 'project life' keeps coming up - I haven't looked at them as it doesn't interest me but it may be one way of seeing it put to use.

Post Thanks / Like

When I posted this, I had no idea that Project Life was going to be on Create & Craft. This morning I saw "Scrapbooking with Project Life" in the listings for 10 o'clock, although when I managed to tune in for 5 minutes, it seemed to be all EK Success stuff. Typical me if I just tuned in at the wrong moment.

Post Thanks / Like

When the original show was on from Las Vegas I popped onto Amazon and there was lots of this Project Life stuff on there. You could buy the cards, dividers and pockets individually. It did seem a fair bit cheaper unless I missed something that came in the big kits.

About 2 hours later most of it had gone !
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    I'm not really into scrapbooking, but if anyone is interested in Project Life and has a Silhouette, there are loads of the cards available as cuts/prints.
    Ooh! What's this about PL and the silhouette? My dh bought me the silhouette for my birthday last month but I really haven't put it to any use at all the yet. Where can I find out more???!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Creative Memories used to sell something similar (perhaps they still do) through party plans (a bit like tupperware parties) - I never bought a scrapbook but did get some of the cards and papers.

Post Thanks / Like

The Silhouette store accessible from the software has lots of the cards to buy and download.