Thread: DoCrafts Digital Designer

Post Thanks / Like

Default DoCrafts Digital Designer

I can't install Digital Designer on my new Windows 8 pc. Whether I try to install from my discs or the DoCrafts website, I get a message saying that the installer is damaged. I've contacted the DoCrafts technical support team but when they eventually replied they just sent me the information that is on their website which I had read and followed. They also explained how to uninstall Digital Designer which was a bit worrying since I had contacted them to say that I couldn't install it!

I have several disc collections that are useless unless I can get the graphics program installed - can anyone help me please?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry don't have a clue but hopefully someone will be along soon to help you.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help you installing the program but I can tell you I installed it on a windows 8 pc without any problem. (country companions was the most up to date one I own so that's the one I used)
    you said you have several collections, have you tried installing from a different collection?
    if several collections are giving the same error then the problem is probably in windows 8.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice Tuco. I wish you luck with the backup from the Docrafts technical team - when I had a problem with a cd they were about as much use as a chocolate teapot and after promising they would sort things out, I didn't hear from them again.

Post Thanks / Like

Bare with me I've a humdinger of a head today but..... I had similar probs when I got my laptop and when after hours of frustration I finally clicked onto 'all programs' (via a left click onto the world Atlas symbol bottom left on you screen) the program was showing on there (it wasn't Do-crafts) so, I ended up going through the uninstall sequence, then I shut down completely and left it till later. When I tried again with another disc (think it could have been MCS) it worked fine. Doesn't matter with Do-crafts if its an out of date disc you install because you can (or could) install updates directly from their site, although I don't have the Do-crafts system anymore so it could have changed. Phew, hope all this makes sense! It may not help you - but then again it might!