Thread: What product am I thinking of?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What product am I thinking of?

Can anyone help me please?
    I have made some pages for a book but I want to finish the edges of the pages in a really nice way. Years ago I remember some soft metal stuff that came on a roll and you could use it for edging slides. Does anyone know what it is called and the best place to get it? Or has anyone got any other suggestions of what might look good? Thanks
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Memory Glass Tape by Ranger. They have some in stock at Fruit Pixie £4.95 (I've never shopped with them, so I don't know what they are like).
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sam, that's the stuff, I am off to have a look at FP, thanks for the point in their direction too

Post Thanks / Like

Have ordered a few times from them. Never had a problem with their service. Cxx
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Design Team Member for Crafty Cardmakers
    Feel free to visit my blog.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh bum! I don't think it will be wide enough. Does anyone know of anything similar maybe half inch width.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry no help I'm afraid. I thought this topic was a new type of guessing game!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Could you not use any other sort of tape and colour it in with metallic promarkers, gellatos, pan pastels or gilding wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Could you not use any other sort of tape and colour it in with metallic promarkers, gellatos, pan pastels or gilding wax?
    Now there's a thought, I have a gold leaf pen somewhere, I could try that. It for the night before Christmas book hunkydory do and I just thought it would look beautiful if it was edged in the tape so that it overlapped up the bottom of the page.
    Whatever I do end up using I don't want it to come off on hands so that's something I need to consider. Actually, thinking on, maybe the leaf pen is a bad idea, wasn't there something about touching the ink or was it breathing in the fumes as you use it?
    If it is the touching that would be a bad idea putting it on edges of a book.

Thanks for all the suggestions I feel research coming on