Thread: Mitzi's birthday cards

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mitzi's birthday cards

I had such a lovely time opening all these gorgeous cards and ooh-ing and aah-ing over them all. They are all wonderful and I'm a lucky, lucky person to have received such beauties! Every single one of them is lovely. You'll have to forgive me for repeating myself in the card descriptions because I ran out of superlatives!

AgelessCraft's card is as beautiful on the inside as it is on the front. The zigzag "stitching" must have taken hours and it really does look like beautiful patchwork.

Eyeful's card (above) is really elegant and classy. Might it be Anna Griffin?

I'm fairly sure JaniceB's image is LOTV. My mum says it looks just like me when I was young; I think this was her favourite of the cards. (Of course I don't have favourites; I love them all equally!) Superb colour co-ordination and I love the large ribbon. More stamping inside and I like the "Created by" on the back too.
    Last edited by Mitzi; 25-09-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Jenty's card in what I can only call "Parisian Blue" is beautifully embossed and inked. The embossing is so crisp; I can never get it like that! I like your "Hand crafted..." bit on the back of the card, too - is it printed or stamped?

JSC's parchment craft plaque comes with its own stand. I never had the patience for parchment craft so I can't even imagine how long it took, it's so beautifully done with a hint of pink on the flower and gold for the leaves and stems and then a lovely lacy edging.

Julie's London skyline is really striking and the use of different shades of grey, darkening as they recede into the difference, is really clever. My DP's favourite card by a mile.

Little Jan's card conceals a secret - the panel on the front opens up to reveal a hidden scene (below). Very cleverly done.

Last edited by Mitzi; 25-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

LoobyLou's card is another with stunning colour co-ordination. I can never get things to go together so perfectly, and the colouring in of the image is superb. So many layers and detail to the card; beautiful.

Millburn's card has poppies and adorable house mice (?) in very delicate colours. There's a co-ordinating liner inside the card, too. Really lovely and beautifully decoupaged; the cutting out must have taken ages.

Ribbons - the photo really doesn't do this one justice. The script is stamped or printed on a piece of vellum (?) over a delicately coloured background and attached with the butterfly and leafy trail.

SpainJane surprised me - no Anna Griffin in sight! This is another stunning card where the photography has let me down again as it looks so much better IRL. The peacock is stencilled onto shimmery cardstock and the leafy swirl of gems on a rich-coloured background paper (bought, or hand made background?)

Spendsloads's yummy cupcake and girl are beautifully coloured and I particularly love the paper flower. How did you make it, please? (If you did.)
    Last edited by Mitzi; 25-09-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Suban (and Timmy) - the picture really doesn't do credit to this card, there are numerous layers of decoupage and they are actually built up on the INSIDE of the card, but fit through an aperture on the front. Very skillfully done!

Sugarplum's purple gatefold card opens with the filigree heart on the left and the beautifully-coloured girl (make of stamp, please?) on the right but I struggled to get a decent photo, sorry! The flower with attached mini pom poms is a wonderful finishing touch.

Susan W's card has die cut flowers (Tim Holtz?) in autumnal shades on top of a beautifully embossed and coloured background.

Waterlily's blue layered card is a real lesson to me in colour co-ordination - it has tremendous impact. Matting and layering like this really makes it look stunning.
    Last edited by Mitzi; 25-09-2013 at 07:35 PM.