Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The time is NOW!! I can't put off my Christmas Crafting any longer.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    It may sound slightly old fashioned BUT did you see the hot water bottle quilted covers this morning with Jenny? They were so pretty with flowery prints. We have central heating and the wood burner, but there is nothing nicer if it is cold or you're not feeling too well than curling up with a hot water bottie.

Ooooh - due to the cold winters modern Canadian homes are toasty warm in the winter so I don't think my family would appreciate one. But I'm really really tempted to make one for me! :) I didn't see the show but will check it out on my iPad later. (This is one of my big problems ... I get distracted pretty easily!)
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Scrappy Soo - my paper, ink and all things glittery blog
    Things Soo Likes - my knitting blog

Post Thanks / Like

Distracted? Moi??? Too true - too many UFOs to do!

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Dips your altered tins are gorgeous. I'm knitting one sister 2 cushions for her bedroom, one is almost finished - my other sisters wouldn't appreciate knitted things. I'm knitting some fancy scarves for nieces but they will be getting a bought present too and I'll be buying the rest of my presents.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzie View Post
    Dips your altered tins are gorgeous. I'm knitting one sister 2 cushions for her bedroom, one is almost finished - my other sisters wouldn't appreciate knitted things. I'm knitting some fancy scarves for nieces but they will be getting a bought present too and I'll be buying the rest of my presents.
    You're very well organised - I haven't even thought about Christmas. I was going to knit something for the Big Knit only to find out it finished at the end of September - duh. I never seem very organised - I think about it ages before the event and then nothing gets done until the last minute.

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread SooG! I've been 'collecting' patterns for scarves, wristwarmers and crocheted blankets over the last few weeks. Pinterest has been brilliant (though I have lost a few days there!!!!) and there are lots of boards with Christmas craft ideas together distracted..erm, inspired by!

(Dips, your altered tins are stunning!)
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzie View Post
    Cushions are a good idea! If you get a chance please share some pics with us - I'd love to see them. What kind of fancy scarves are you knitting? A scarf is on the short list for my older sister (she's the only one I haven't made a scarf for yet).

I was feeling smug for thinking about starting - and here you are well on the way!!! I think you'll be the inspiration in this thread to get us 'thinkers' actually doing. :)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Great thread SooG! I've been 'collecting' patterns for scarves, wristwarmers and crocheted blankets over the last few weeks. Pinterest has been brilliant (though I have lost a few days there!!!!) and there are lots of boards with Christmas craft ideas together distracted..erm, inspired by!

(Dips, your altered tins are stunning!)
    Pinterest has stolen many many days of my life!! Do share links to any particularly interesting ideas.... I'm still just in the 'pondering' phase.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine's a fluffy scarf in Holly colours. Bought some end of line stuff from Purplelinda a while back - good site for special offers etc!

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suban View Post
    Mine's a fluffy scarf in Holly colours. Bought some end of line stuff from Purplelinda a while back - good site for special offers etc!
    Fluffy scarves are great -- and fun to knit!

I'm still faffing about and haven't really started on any projects. Although I have an idea for a gift for my sisters using an old photo of us.... I'm hoping to get some time to work on it later today.....

Post Thanks / Like

Got one or two cards made, and that's about it so far. Busy clearing the living room and stripping walls ready for a slap of emulsion.