Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The time is NOW!! I can't put off my Christmas Crafting any longer.....

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh like the altered art tins they are so me. I don't knit now, used to years back and also had a knitting machine, but once my children left school there didn't seem to be much to knit. But will certainly be popping back on to have a peek at what people are doing. I did pick up two candle making sets from Sweet Aromas, Jim is the owner and he has started putting some sets together. So one of those will be made hopefully over the next week or so and then left to settle in its little jar, that will be a pressie for an elderly lady that I know who likes smelly candles. Not sure what else will happen in my household for pressies. I have my eye on a new fork and spade.!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tricia View Post
    Oooh like the altered art tins they are so me. I don't knit now, used to years back and also had a knitting machine, but once my children left school there didn't seem to be much to knit. But will certainly be popping back on to have a peek at what people are doing. I did pick up two candle making sets from Sweet Aromas, Jim is the owner and he has started putting some sets together. So one of those will be made hopefully over the next week or so and then left to settle in its little jar, that will be a pressie for an elderly lady that I know who likes smelly candles. Not sure what else will happen in my household for pressies. I have my eye on a new fork and spade.!!
    Let us know how the candles work out -- they sound like a perfect little gift idea.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Scrappy Soo - my paper, ink and all things glittery blog
    Things Soo Likes - my knitting blog

Post Thanks / Like

DSCF1459.jpgSince this year's Samaritan's purse appeal is closed for this year and we've had our Autumn Fayre, I'm now getting UFOs finished for the coming year.

This is a 4 ply crochet shawl - 44" square, plus crochet edging. It's done in double crochet. I'll keep posting photos so you get to see how the UFO pile gets done - I need the motivation!

6 and a half inches done so far!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suban View Post
    DSCF1459.jpgSince this year's Samaritan's purse appeal is closed for this year and we've had our Autumn Fayre, I'm now getting UFOs finished for the coming year.

This is a 4 ply crochet shawl - 44" square, plus crochet edging. It's done in double crochet. I'll keep posting photos so you get to see how the UFO pile gets done - I need the motivation!

6 and a half inches done so far!

It looks great Suban. I love the tidiness of double crochet - like rows of perfect little beads. Can't wait to see it growing. :)

I did some playing in Craft Artist and think I've solved one gift!! (Well, two gifts actually, and a little something for me.) My parents didn't have a camera when we were all very young so there aren't many photos of us growing up. In 1966 they must have borrowed a camera from someone as we had about 12 pictures from May/June, and 12 pictures from that Christmas.

In the summer pics there is one of me, my two sisters, and some girls I don't recognise enjoying popsicles. It isn't a fantastic picture by any stretch - but I love my expression in it, and it is one of the few of the three of us.

So I cropped the photo in CA, and put it on a chalkboard background and added some text. I like the result and think I'll have it printed on one of those stretched canvas frames (just got an email for 70% off canvas printing!).

It's taken a week but I'm making progress. :)
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Scrappy Soo - my paper, ink and all things glittery blog
    Things Soo Likes - my knitting blog

Post Thanks / Like

Aah SooG, that's really lovely, well done and thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

What wonderful happy memories - beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like

Love that - what a great present!

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

SooG that is amazing! I bet it will spark a happy tear or two!

Suban, what colour is the shawl? I used to crochet a lot - still have a couple of shawls. Hmmm perhaps I should look out the hooks!

I am trying... very trying.

Post Thanks / Like

It's white - or it will be once it's washed and dressed.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What amazing ways to remember. Thank you so much for sharing.