Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fund Raising for Nepal

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - some great ideas! Agree with the overall theme and I'm sure I've got stuff I could include - and I like Deefersmum's idea of diecuts etc. I'd be happy to do custom cuts and titles as well.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Scrappy Soo - my paper, ink and all things glittery blog
    Things Soo Likes - my knitting blog

Post Thanks / Like

Great ideas - I would be happy to take part - I agree after Christmas would be better I think.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I also think it would be best left until after Christmas - with the amount of post whizzing everywhere there is a higher chance of it going missing and that could then become embarrassing for seller and buyer.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be more than happy to help too with excess stash/die cuts.

For some of the larger items I am willing to part with though, I would prefer to offer them for sale through the VIP section but I can't see that being a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I think its a good idea too but I do have a concern - in that can we be sure that ChaletSchoolFan will get the money to use as best needed? In my ignorance, I don't know how JG really works, and I'm really not being funny but so many times, Aid in its many forms doesn't always get to where its donors have intended and it would be such a shame if a chunk of it went in admin if you see what I mean?

Post Thanks / Like

Got this from the Just Giving website:

JustGiving is the world’s leading platform for charity giving.

Since our launch in 2001, we’ve enabled over 21 million people to raise £1.5 billion for over 13,000 charities and causes in radically new ways. Our job is to make giving and raising money for charity simple, social and rewarding. Through online and mobile we bring the best that technology has to offer to charities worldwide - which explains why more charities recommend JustGiving than any other online fundraising platform.

We run our business by charging charities a small fee on donations. In the UK we reclaim an extra 25% for the charity in Gift Aid – see an example of how this works for a typical donation.

We re-invest any surplus cash into developing our innovative world-class technology to make giving to charity easier and quicker. From text donations to company fundraising, we create more ways for more people to give.

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I think its a good idea too but I do have a concern - in that can we be sure that ChaletSchoolFan will get the money to use as best needed? In my ignorance, I don't know how JG really works, and I'm really not being funny but so many times, Aid in its many forms doesn't always get to where its donors have intended and it would be such a shame if a chunk of it went in admin if you see what I mean?
    Good question, JM, but as Susan has highlighted, JustGiving is a platform to transfer money (sort of like Paypal but without their fees and with the ability to Gift aid the donation). It also has the advantage of being transparent, so we could all see how much in total Craft Telly has raised to support CSF. However, I only suggested JustGiving, if CSF or anyone else for that matter, thinks that there is a better platform for the actual process of transferring the cash then let's put it forward. Ultimately, I think it should be CSF who decides what fund-raising process we follow, but the idea itself seems to have legs so I will certainly have some goodies ready for the New Year.

My Craft Blog - DipsDesigns.com My Pinterest Boards My Youtube Craft Videos

Post Thanks / Like

I think there are probably other sites as well as Just Giving but think that is the main one.

After Christmas is much better especially on the parcel front.

Could we include stamps as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Suban and Dips, that's good, I had heard of them but had no idea how it worked! I really don't mind how its done so long as CSF gets it. I agree too about leaving it till after Christmas, with post and deliveries being extra busy - not forgetting peeps too! think it would give us something to look forward to as well!

Post Thanks / Like

You never know perhaps some of our lovely sponsors for the forum might put the odd little item up for grabs??????????????????????????:mysmilie_481::mysm ilie_50::mysmilie_11:
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post