Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fund Raising for Nepal

Post Thanks / Like

I really am touched by all these suggestions. As I have already said there is no urgency. We are collecting in the money from our school sponsored walk at the moment and we now have enough to build 4 more classrooms, which will be used by the youngest children. That means that the older children will be able to stay at the school until they are 16, so we will be talking to the teachers in Nepal to find out what they will need to teach them for those two extra years once they have the classrooms.

We prefer to take things out to Nepal ourselves or buy them when we are there, to make sure money which has been donated does benefit the children directly. At the moment the next trip is planned for next October, so after Christmas would be great. I can guarantee that the money will be spent wisely and I know it makes a difference to the kids - the pleasure they get from simple things like balloons, bubbles and felt tip pens is a joy to behold!

At the moment I am focusing on sleeping rough next week with my year 10 pupils - we spend a night sleeping out in the school grounds to raise money for Crisis. Just hope it doesn't rain next Thursday night - they sleep under porches or in the tennis pavilion, but I have to patrol round a couple of times to check they're OK and it is a big site! Still it's only for one night - must be so much worse for the homeless who have no choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember you doing that last year and the weather was horrendous! Hope the weather is better for you this year.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - I did get a bit damp. And I have a full teaching day on Friday so no recovery time.

But I think having a caring attitude towards other people is caught, not taught. So taking an active part in school events to raise money is an important part of the subjects I teach, even if DH thinks I'm insane!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

But that's because he's a fella CSF !!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Get him to sleep out as well! :mysmilie_19:
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suban View Post
    Get him to sleep out as well! :mysmilie_19:
    Yes and make sure you have the brolly :mysmilie_454:

Post Thanks / Like

In all fairness, he did used to run a hostel and soup kitchen for single homeless people so I think he's done his share of roughing it! But he was much younger then. Must admit that I couldn't have done that job - I'd rather do the fund-raising stunts.