Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: printer help

Post Thanks / Like

Default printer help

Didnt know where to put this but whst is the best one to get please, not EPSON

Are Canon ok , but have read the cartridges dont last long, what pain these things are eh

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about Epson, hate mine but it's still working so can't justify binning it, but it won't take cardstock and only gives Epson branded paper as the paper options. My best ever printer was Lexmark, printed up to 300gsm without hestitation, but Lexmark really seem to have fallen out of fashion. Will be interested to see what others recommend.

Post Thanks / Like

Patsy I recently went for a Canon 5350 as it accept compatible cartridges which are widely available including Amazon and gets great reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

We have two A3 Brother printers and we are pleased with them - we buy compatible inks from 999 Inks and the cartridges last for a good period of time. We have had both the printers for about a year and (touch wood) we haven"t had any problems.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my Canon for years after it was recommended by a crafting friend. It's an Pixma MP610 which probably isn't available now as I've had it for so long. Before that I had a Lexmark but it was a front loader and would only take thin card. The Canon has a rear tray which means I can use thicker card. because it's so old I don't bother buying Canon ink cartridges. I now buy online from Refresh Cartridges and they're really cheap (£2.90 ish?), next day delivery if ordered before 17:30, free 1st class delivery.

Post Thanks / Like

Dax and DF, can you confirm if you can print card on your printers, and if so, to what thickness?

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Canon is popular them.I thank you all for the help.:michaelmyers:

Post Thanks / Like

I have a brother a3 printer which takes all thickness of card and also prints 12x12, I get the inks (not branded) off amazon they work great last a reasonable time and are true to colour for photos, I have also printed on canvas with it no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Another Canon fan here, my last two have been Canon. The first one was individual colour cartridges, this latest one is one cartridge, when I need a new one I'll make sure it's individual cartridges.

For the first one I did buy different cartridges but haven't found any for this one yet, haven't looked lately though.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I now have a canon but it doesn't like to print double sided on thin card.