Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: printer help

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Patsy. I have an Epson photo PX710W but as it is front loading it won't take card stock. I therefore bought a second printer recently - a Canon MP230 which is a top loader. Takes card beautifully. I didn't mind getting a second printer as it was only around £30 from Staples and I only use it for card so the ink lasts a long time for me. From all the blogs I read before I bought it, I think front loaders are a non-starter if you want it to take heavy card. Hope this helps.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have an HP Envy in white and whilst it looks the part, it doesn't print decent weight cardstock and the front loading tray is very flimsy. I don't think for one moment it will last anywhere near the amount of time my last printer did.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a samsung laser printer which I use all the time but my inkjet is canon, pretty ancient now but has always been excellent. The actual inks are really good and I try to stick with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Crafty susan, that sounds hopeful then, going to have a look later.

Post Thanks / Like

Vampyre....is your Samsung laser printer a mono or colour ?...I have a laser printer but is only mono but would like a colour printer.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a HP Photosmart 8450
    its a front loader and I print on Centura Pearl card
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marilynmcl View Post
    Vampyre....is your Samsung laser printer a mono or colour ?...I have a laser printer but is only mono but would like a colour printer.
    Hello Marilyn xx.
    It's actually both, the 3 colours and also a black toner cartridge. I have used it a massive amount over many years and not had to refill. It's also wifi which is brilliant! Bought at a good price from Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dips View Post
    Dax and DF, can you confirm if you can print card on your printers, and if so, to what thickness?
    Dips so far only used 240 gsm Supersmooth card and with the back feeder is goes through so easily.