Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you all for Printer help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you all for Printer help

I have now got a Cannon MG5350 and its just great prints like a dream,took a little while to set up but my son helped,what a difference to the angry Epson I had,thank you all.:Wink:
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Patsy. Glad you found a good printer, happy crafting.

Post Thanks / Like

Although my Canon Pixma MP610 is very old your new one looks very similar in design. Hopefully you'll get as many years good service from it as I have from mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the max cardstock the Cannons can take please Ladies? My Epson is past its best really - good for general printing but useless for cardstock!

Post Thanks / Like

JM - I regularly use 280gsm card in mine with now problem and think it would probably take thicker.

Patsy - the friend that recommended my old Canon to me has sent me an email to say she now has the one you've just bought.
    She said:
    'it is brilliant and I am sure she is going to be thrilled with it.
    It takes parchment paper as well as 300gsm card and water colour paper.'
    So it comes highly recommended.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow PP, thank you that sounds just right, off to investigate!!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I printed all sorts yesterday and all was good.I am so pleased after 18 months of frustration.So much so I have ordered a couple of new craft Cds now.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patsy View Post
    Yes I printed all sorts yesterday and all was good.I am so pleased after 18 months of frustration.So much so I have ordered a couple of new craft Cds now.
    Oh come on! Spill the beans! What cds have you bought? I'm a huge user of cd roms in my crafting - last count was well over 150 everyday cds plus Christmas ones! Do you like to enter online challenges? There's a blog called CD Sunday where you have to use something from a cd rom to make your card. You don't need a blog yourself to enter, just email your picture to them.

Post Thanks / Like

I had loads of cd's too but because I wasn't getting to print card, I wasn't getting use out of them so let most of them go but now have about 20 which if Santa brings me that printer will be working overtime!! Cheapest place seems to be Currys at the moment. Like the idea of using separate ink colours too, my Epson does that. That cd site sounds good PP, something abit different!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered two Robert Addams ones,The Nautical one and the Mechanica,they look good for men,and the Debbie Moore on Steam Punk.I have not had any grungy ones before so I hope they will work out ok.Just need something different for when I have finished with Christmas.I also would like something for Children,not Teddies in different poses,colouful ones,pirates etc,any ideas ?
    Last edited by Patsy; 25-10-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post