Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spendsloads splendiferous birthday cards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenty View Post
    What a gorgeous selection! What did you think of the flower on mine? I've been having a go at making them.
    Jenty, I had no idea that flower was made by you - it looks so professional. I've just taken another look and it's gorgeous - thank you so much.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It's really difficult to get a good look of the flower from the photo - can you tell us how it's been made and using what please as it's really pretty?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    It's really difficult to get a good look of the flower from the photo - can you tell us how it's been made and using what please as it's really pretty?
    Hopefully Jenty can come and explain properly, but the flower is made of a hard material like fimo or plaster resin and has been cast in a mould. It's then been decorated with a pink pearlescent paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Just popping out for a meal with friends but will come and tell you over the weekend. Just got to remember the name of what I used - will look it up!

My intermittently updated blog

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I used one of the Blossom sugar moulds (those pink silicone ones). My initial flowers were made with Das air drying clay and then I found a very light one made from rice (if anyone needs the name, will rummage in my boxes) that I thought would be great for cards as it wouldn't add too much weight. Then I painted them with a mica paint and dusted with mica powder. Just experimenting

My intermittently updated blog

Post Thanks / Like

I love to see all the cards made by the talented crafters on this forum. Thank you so much for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

A wee bit late, but well worth the wait, a lovely card with a surprise pop up (photo 2) from Mitzi. Many thanks Mitzi!

Mitzi 1.jpgMitzi 2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spendsloads splendiferous birthday cards

Im sorry you had a melancholy birthday. Glad our cards brought you a bit of cheer. Hope you are feeling better, too.