Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cloth Dolls

Post Thanks / Like

I like these dolls although I wonder how easy the moulding of the face is. I like Tilda dolls too but the seem to me to be very "on the shelf" dolls not to be played with so more a home décor doll.

I bet there is a huge doll making market. I once interviewed a lady at work - we were doing a series about people's hobbies in our in-house magazine. She had just won a Cordon-bleu ribbon - the highest accolade in her part of the doll world and she had to go to (I think it was) Switzerland for the presentation. She made the whole doll - more like the porcelain dolls of old - from scratch and then dressed it. The clothes had to be absolute miniature copies of either historical or national dress from what I remember.

I would be surprised if C & C has scratched a quarter of the craft market as yet. The other day Nigel said "you will be surprised (I wasn't :smirk:) but card-making is not the biggest hobby, cake decorating is". I am looking forward to seeing more and more crafts now they are a separate company.

Now off to look at Waldorf Dolls in more detail!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/

Post Thanks / Like

I still haven't got around to making the doll. I have, happily for now, stashed it away for future. I have loads of other stuff to do first and... what have I done so far? Nothing because my mojo has scuttled away and not come back. Hey-ho!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I made the "Polly Dolly" rag doll from "My Learn to Sew Book" when I was young, exactly like this:

http://rabbithouselane.blogspot.co.u...lly-dolly.html

Does that count? Do I qualify as a doll maker? I still have the doll somewhere (it's in my storage unit currently) but I'm not sure if I still have the book.

Post Thanks / Like

Gemcrazynan, thank you for the link which I have tucked away for another time. I have spent do much on ebug recently daren't go on anymore for a while!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    I made the "Polly Dolly" rag doll from "My Learn to Sew Book" when I was young, exactly like this:

http://rabbithouselane.blogspot.co.u...lly-dolly.html

Does that count? Do I qualify as a doll maker? I still have the doll somewhere (it's in my storage unit currently) but I'm not sure if I still have the book.
    Hi Mitzi, I would think you do qualify but I am sure some doll making group would disagree! BTW, is this your blog? The photography is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Muffintop View Post
    BTW, is this your blog? The photography is amazing.
    I wish! No, I did an image search for Polly Dolly and came across it.