Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mum's Mothers Day card...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mum's Mothers Day card...

...after all that faffing, this is the card I finally managed to complete for my mum for yesterday. I'll have to be honest & admit it's really not how I wanted it to look :o - I wanted to make a frame so that it was more of a keepsake pressie, but as I finished at around midnight last Friday, I just didn't have the time (or the Ooomph!) to sort out & measure a frame. I've braded it to the card & told her my intention is for her to remove it once she's finished with it as a card & then she can find a nice frame for it:

Post Thanks / Like

It's a really pretty card Wellie, I'm sure she will love it and even better will have it to keep once you've framed it!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful cross stitching Welly, I am sure you mum will a nice frame for it. My freind who does cross stitch had her work mounted through a local needle craft shop where she bought her cross stitching supplies. The shop had a very good contact with someone who did mounting work. I have serveral cross stitch pictures that Morag made for me, she was so talented she had some of her cross stitch patterns published in magazines.

Post Thanks / Like

A lovely card Welly!
    You can get some iron on stuff for the back of cross stitch pieces which makes them stiffer and easier to mount on a card or frame.
    ATM I really can't remember what this stuff is called but I'm sure someone will remind me!

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about it, if you want me to send you a piece of the backing material I will as I have loads of it...just let me know.

gill
    x

Post Thanks / Like

That's lovely Welly. I bet she was thrilled with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely daughter you are, that must have taken you ages and ages !!

lolathelamb Guest

There is something very personal about any kind of embroidery, isn't there? It is so hands on. I used to love it and may well try again one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Itslovely Wellie and I'm sure your mum will love it. I used to do a fair bit of cross stitch many moons ago. I would sometimes find myself still sitting at 2am it was so addictive. Unfortunately it plays havoc with my eyes which is why I dont do it any more