Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downton Abbey Fabrics on C&C

Post Thanks / Like

Default Downton Abbey Fabrics on C&C

If you are watching the 8am Quilting with Sixpenny show (or on repeat) don't be tempted by the Downton fabric at that price. They are selling 4 fat quarters for £16.19 club price - £17.99 for everyone else. The Cotton Patch sell them in sets of 8 fat quarters for £21.50 (£3.50 p&p). They also have a 5" charm pack, a couple of different 10" square packs, and also by the half metre. Am sure there will be other places selling the fabric too. Apologies if I was not supposed to mention another website - but was appalled at the price on C&C.
    The Jo Morton fabrics are also on their website - £2.50 for 1/4m - so 5 x 1/4m would be £12.50 as opposed to 5 fat quarters for £16.19 club price. I know they're not the same shape pieces - but even so.
    Cxxxx
    Last edited by papercraftbycarole; 09-02-2014 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Updated with Jo Morton fabric info
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Design Team Member for Crafty Cardmakers
    Feel free to visit my blog.

Post Thanks / Like

It's OK to mention and add links to other sites Carole as long as you have no connection to the business i.e. it's not your business or one belonging to a relative or friend. In fact the members welcome posts such as this as it saves us money!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quelle ripoffski!

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papercraftbycarole View Post
    If you are watching the 8am Quilting with Sixpenny show (or on repeat) don't be tempted by the Downton fabric at that price. They are selling 4 fat quarters for £16.19 club price - £17.99 for everyone else. The Cotton Patch sell them in sets of 8 fat quarters for £21.50 (£3.50 p&p). They also have a 5" charm pack, a couple of different 10" square packs, and also by the half metre. Am sure there will be other places selling the fabric too. Apologies if I was not supposed to mention another website - but was appalled at the price on C&C.
    The Jo Morton fabrics are also on their website - £2.50 for 1/4m - so 5 x 1/4m would be £12.50 as opposed to 5 fat quarters for £16.19 club price. I know they're not the same shape pieces - but even so.
    Cxxxx
    Hi Carole and thank you for the information.

TBH, I can be a bit of a fabric-holic and have purchased fabric off C&C before when it's been sensible prices. I was l*sting after the Jo Morton fabric but the cost is a no-no for me.

Slighty OT, I visited the Bombay Fabric store in Bradford yesterday on the way back from Manchester where OH had an appointment.

Oh my! Apart from the beautifully stunning Indian outfits which caught my eye their crafty bit is a fabricholics dream. I defy anyone to go into that shop and come out empty handed...

Post Thanks / Like

I must admit I have loads of fabric and lots of plans for projects. Just not enough time to do them. And I avoid my local fabric shop unless I absolutely need something, as I always find fabrics I just have to have. :blush: Cxx

Design Team Member for Crafty Cardmakers
    Feel free to visit my blog.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit of a fabricaholic too. I found it difficult to resist all those lovely Christmas fabrics at the Viking Loom in York, and that is before I have had an encounter with all the cross stitching goodies. I'm told 'himself' not to take me anywhere near that particular shop no matter how much I beg and plead. Nuffin' is going to be bought until Harrogate in November................ well I can live in hope anyway. ;)

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Only this week, I came across a cut out little dress 18mth sz - still with the paper pinned to it for my second daughter and the material for my eldest daughter a dress 4yrs in the same bag with it, such pretty material.............................second daughter now 34 and eldest in Oz 37....................................(hangs head in shame)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    I'm a bit of a fabricaholic too. I found it difficult to resist all those lovely Christmas fabrics at the Viking Loom in York, and that is before I have had an encounter with all the cross stitching goodies. I'm told 'himself' not to take me anywhere near that particular shop no matter how much I beg and plead. Nuffin' is going to be bought until Harrogate in November................ well I can live in hope anyway. ;)

Roz
    I'm planning to go to Harrogate in November as I haven't been for ages, I still have the fabric I bought from a stall there about *ahem* years ago. Couldn't resist it and knew I would find a use for it. I will one day, it was such a bargain.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha, been there, seen it, done it, and bought stuff that I hope to use - eventually! ;)

Been a bit naughty today, bought myself some material to make myself a blouse, also bought yarn to knit myself 'somat'. Haven't decided what the 'somat' will be yet, but it could be a wee while before it gets done.

Would love to have a go at patchwork again, but it would have to be the English pieced patchwork as doing it on a sewing machine would drive me nuts. The trouble is that I find it difficult to use a sewing needle. Daft really when you think how much cross stitching I do. Of course the latter is a stabbing in and out motion, whereas patchwork and other sewing isn't. Will see how I go when I get around to doing this blouse. :)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wavering about the heart redwork quilt that Mandy Shaw had on the Show on 01/02. Sadly I taped the show and missed the opportunity to buy the whole kit. I know it's sold out anyway but I thought it is a lovely way to renew my hand sewing skills which need refreshing. Mandy has the pattern for sale on her site which is really tempting. I'm still not finding my crafy mojo but I'll have enough stuff to be getting on with when it wanders back in...

I used to love hand-stitched patchwork and made quite a bit of small stuff - never a quilt tho'