Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downton Abbey Fabrics on C&C

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for heads up re the DTA fabric, I've gotten totally hooked on this patchwork and quilting malarky. I'm posting a pic of my stepping stones quilt the pattern (recipe) was on the Moda Bake shop and it takes a jelly roll and a layer cake. Rozminis why don't you start of with a mug rug. (a larger than normal coaster with a space for a drink and a treat) I'm attaching a pic of one I've done for my friend 6 x 2.5" squares on one side sewn chequerboard a small applique on top and the 3 x2.5" x 6.5" strips sewn together longwise attached to the chequerboard sandwiched quilted using a decorative stitch on my machine and machine bound, these little mats take about 20mins to run up on the machine but you could just as easy sew them by hand. stepping stones.jpg mug hug.jpg
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the mug hug, might have to have a go at making one for 'himself'. I rarely have a hot drink, when I do I tend to use the mug to try and warm up my thumb!

I've made several 1/12th scale patchwork quilts in my time, my favourites being the Suffolk Puff/Yo-yo quilts. I remember making 12 of those when I was kitty sitting once. I spent most of the time drawing round a 2 pence piece, then tacking them up while watching The World At War on Sky. Honestly I couldn't believe just how much Sky cost, and how long the blinking adverts lasted for. Good job I had the quilts or I think I would have gone stir crazy!

I had been given loads of sample pieces of fabric by one of the patchwork suppliers, that was in the days when they offered samples. Don't know if they do it now, but I know many of the companies gave it up some years ago. Some of the pieces were of sufficient size to create 1" squares. I have loads of them cut out and backed with paper. Made a couple of cafetiere cosies from them, but so far haven't done anything with the rest. Was s'posed to have made a cover for the toaster, but as we no longer use it for toast, much prefer the halogen oven, it never got made.

The teapot wears a cosy made clam shells, also made a Christmas one for it. Unlike most forms of patchwork they have to be applied to a backing fabric. I used paper with those too, but if I used them again I think I would probably use an iron-on interfacing. At least that way the paper would not have to be removed.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Mug rugs are something I'm going to make - when I find time. Bought a book of amazon with lots of ideas for different designs. Just wish I had more time. Cxxx
    Design Team Member for Crafty Cardmakers
    Feel free to visit my blog.