Thread: Cross Stitching Craftivist

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cross Stitching Craftivist

Got the title right this time!

I've finished the first two cross stitch mini protest banners (in the photo). I'm going to put them up in my classroom where I teach RS and Citizenship to inspire my students to make their own to post elsewhere in the school.

Any favourite sayings which might inspire the young would be greatly appreciated - they need to be reasonably short to fit.image.jpg

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

They look good, excellent in fact. Have you tried the Internet for sayings? I know I found some nice ones when I was trying to find a verse to put in a sympathy card. The strange thing about that card is that normally my handwriting is utter rubbish, even more so since the accident. However, I did it very slowly, hardly daring to breath as I wrote. It came out far better than I would have expected in a million years. I know I could have typed it on my computer and printed it out, but somehow that didn't seem right. Sort of way too perfect, not coming from the heart, and all that rot.

Roz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I have always liked the "What does the Lord require of you" quote, even if you are not religious it carries a lot of truth. There is one I haven't heard for ages but it was quoted the other day. It's by Mark Twain "A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." I must admit I thought it was boots not shoes but I have checked and that is correct. It quite a good one for thinking about journalism, twitter, etc.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/

Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard that one before - great for our age of social media. Many thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

When I moved oop'North I heard lots of sayings that were strange to me but I do remember someone saying to me "God doesn't pay his debts in money" - not sure what that means exactly but there you are. My own personal favourites are "Tell the truth and shame the devil" or "What you don't know you can't lie about" - not sure they are still relevant in this celebrity-driven age! There is also "every action has a consequence." which I have muttered now and again.

I am sure you will get loads of better suggestions from other forum peeps and the internet is always a good hunting ground.

Happy stitching.

Post Thanks / Like

A short one for you Chalet School Fan is the one I would have on my coat of arms if I had one :grin: It is short so less stitching! "This too shall pass" as in if it good enjoy the moment and if not it won't last for ever.

Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that saying as 'every action has a reaction', but it amounts to the same thing. :)

Of course my very favourite would be the one I use on my siggy. ;)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog