Thread: Patchwork cushion for Mother's Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Patchwork cushion for Mother's Day

Thought you might like to see the cushion I made for my mum and my mother in law for Mother's Day, along with matching cards. I used my Scan N Cut machine to cut the fabric and card pieces, along with a stencil from freezer paper for the words.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely jubbly , Jammy, can I become you're 'adopted mum' ?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, they are brilliant Jammy. Can you explain a bit more about how you did the wording - did you ink through a stencil you created on SnC? if so what inks did you use?

I am interested in trying a bit of stamping on plain fabric.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely cushions Jammy, you are very clever. I can just about manage sewing a button on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Wow, they are brilliant Jammy. Can you explain a bit more about how you did the wording - did you ink through a stencil you created on SnC? if so what inks did you use?

I am interested in trying a bit of stamping on plain fabric.

I used acrylic paint mixed with Golden Fabric Painting Medium GAC-900. You mix this 50/50, paint to medium and then stamp or stencil as you wish. When dry heat set with a dry iron. The first things I did we're a few t-shirts for myself a year ago. I wore them throughout the summer and they washed really well. Still looking good for this year.

Using the medium means I can use any acrylic paint I've got, the purple on the cushions is a Docraft paint from my local craft shop. The medium goes a really long way. I've done all sorts withine and I still have half a bottle left.

Have a go.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful gifts, I love the colours.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely lovely JAMMY!

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely cushions, TFS. At least, I'm assuming it's not just one cushion which they have to share... er, awkward!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JAMMY View Post
    I used acrylic paint mixed with Golden Fabric Painting Medium GAC-900. You mix this 50/50, paint to medium and then stamp or stencil as you wish. When dry heat set with a dry iron. The first things I did we're a few t-shirts for myself a year ago. I wore them throughout the summer and they washed really well. Still looking good for this year.

Using the medium means I can use any acrylic paint I've got, the purple on the cushions is a Docraft paint from my local craft shop. The medium goes a really long way. I've done all sorts withine and I still have half a bottle left.

Have a go.
    Thanks Jammy great instructions. Have googled the medium and see if I can get hold of some.