Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding butterfly house!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wedding butterfly house!

This is an alternative to a guest book for my daughters wedding. The idea is that the guests will sign or write a message on a butterfly and then hang it on a tree we've constructed from dead branches acquired during a walk after the strong winds we had recently.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to a wedding where they used the same idea. My friend then put them in an album and had a good giggle at some of the comments and recollections of a misspent youth.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely idea. I'm going to a relative's wedding in June so I may suggest it to them. :)

Love is like a butterfly, the more you chase it the more it eludes you,
    but if you turn your attention to other things, it comes and softly sits on your shoulder.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my cousins did this for her wedding last year with a metal bird cage and dove cut outs. I thought it was a lovely idea. I would have 'borrowed' the idea myself, except we had already had our wedding where we used a traditional guest book. The only thing was that a lot of the guests hadn't seen this before, so it might be worth putting a note alongside the cage explaining what it is, and/or making sure the ushers encourage the guests to leave a message.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely idea! Good suggestion Spendsloads to leave an explanation as it would be sad to lose out on memories just because peeps don't understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww how lovely JAMMY, would you be able to make an acetate box for them to keep it in afterwards? Think Spendsloads suggestion is ace, I know of a couple who had a hand carved wooden wishing well with polished horseshoes on the "roof" made for them but to be used on the day for the same idea, unfortunately several people didn't realise what it was for! afterwards there was a voucher with it for a garden centre so it could be planted up. Some lovely ideas these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Don't worry I shall make sure everyone understands the purpose. In fact I might make them exchange a butterfly for their meal.

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely idea. x beautiful box!

Post Thanks / Like

Quite lovely, a very special touch.

Post Thanks / Like

A lovely idea Jammy, I love butterflies!

My Blog