Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: jelly Roll Quilts

Post Thanks / Like

:glass: My friend has just posted on FB that she thinks it's a tad bright! Just told her I've ordered some purple to finish the top off so she's probably gone to lie down to get over the eye-bleed effect!

Think I could have maybe sorted the colours out to light-dark shading but think it would have taken fun out of it!

Debo, please post as well. Perhaps we should get a quilting club going...

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely job, I did this but only had a half jelly roll, it was too small for a quilt, so I cut semi circles and appliqued onto white squares. I hope you find your mojo under your stash. How are you going to quilt this? Post pics when you finish your top and when you back and bind it.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Some folks Muffintop are plain higorant!!!! And lack our exquisite taste!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notmorecraft View Post
    Lovely job, I did this but only had a half jelly roll, it was too small for a quilt, so I cut semi circles and appliqued onto white squares. I hope you find your mojo under your stash. How are you going to quilt this? Post pics when you finish your top and when you back and bind it.
    I found a group of Ravelry today for people who knit and quilt which I have joined. One of the members gave the best explanation of stitching a quilt with loads of pictures so that has lots of inspiration on it. I'm not planning with this one at, it's totally random as it's my first large quilt but I am thinking rainbow shaped pattern stitching but I am sure that will change by the time I'm putting it together!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suban View Post
    Some folks Muffintop are plain higorant!!!! And lack our exquisite taste!
    He-He!!!

:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:

Post Thanks / Like

That's really lovely Muffin top. I have often wanted to make a quilt but it always seemed to daunting as its a huge amount of work. I like the idea of the jelly rolls.

Looking forward to seeing more photos as your quilt grows.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a wander around t'internet last night and there are some very clear large drawing tutorials about how to assemble a quilt and very clear and concise instruction accompanying them. Happy with this as I wasn't too sure of the process of pinning/basting and tying. I was very relieved to find this as every site I've been on expects you to know. I've always sort of winged it with the small stuff I've made but this is a bit grown-up and I need to do it properly. :mysmilie_466:

Post Thanks / Like

Hi muffintop, I either use the avery microstitch tool to baste the layers or more recently have learned from quilting forums across the pond to use 505 temporary adhesive spray. You put your wadding on a flat surface, I have a large dining table spray evenly with adhesive, lay backing on top smoothing out wrinkles, then flip over and do the same with the top. Its easier than pins and you are in no danger or wrecking the timing on your machine if you machine quilt.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notmorecraft View Post
    Hi muffintop, I either use the avery microstitch tool to baste the layers or more recently have learned from quilting forums across the pond to use 505 temporary adhesive spray. You put your wadding on a flat surface, I have a large dining table spray evenly with adhesive, lay backing on top smoothing out wrinkles, then flip over and do the same with the top. Its easier than pins and you are in no danger or wrecking the timing on your machine if you machine quilt.
    Hi notmorecraft, I've seen the Avery microstitch on C&C and elsewhere but have never come across anyone who has used one. I had heard about the adhesive but I think the microstitch would be easier for my hormonal brain! I playing with the quilt pattern at the moment and it's now going to be a broken brick design which I've seen on someone's quilting blog. I'm hand stitching it as I know I will mangle it up in my machine somewhere along the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I'm so impressed you are handstitching, I will admit I don't have the patience, happy to wrestle with quilts n free motion on my domestic sewing machine, but not into hand quilting, I'm far too impatient, lol, you need to post your work, I'm sure we are all dying to see it , xx