Thread: Ideas Please!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas Please!

Hi everyone, I'm currently having a bash at something a bit different to card making at the mo and wondered if anyone could give me a few tips or ideas. I've recently been let loose to convert our conservatory into a craft room and made myself a little sign with wooden letters. I used acrylic paint and crackle glaze and glued on some wooden painted shapes, varnished, then threaded them all on a string. Success! Have now bought one of those Ikea wooden drawers for my desk and now wondering what to do with them to decorate. I've looked online but not quite seeing what I am trying to acheive. I don't want to just cover them with paper unless I can varnish it to protect it as it will be a dust trap I'm sure. Thought maybe I could cracke glaze again but don't know if I can then go back in and overpaint anything or stamp something on the top. I have got a few stencils which could be used but again being a novice am worried that I'll do something wrong. Is it safe to paint Americana gloss varnish over stamped images for example. Any ideas would be great or advice. If i can get the camera going I'll get my son to post a piccie up. Thank you all. xx

Post Thanks / Like

Mod Podge....... fab glue and fab protective glaze available in matt or gloss or even glitter if you want.... it's what lots of people use to protect their home decor/re-purposed stuff.

As for mistakes - there are none, if you like what you've made then it's perfect, and if you don't then it's still just a work in progress ;)
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://inkstainsurvivor.blogspot.com/ :D

Post Thanks / Like

Can you get a glass top to put on it then it will save what ever you do on the top.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post