Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crafters Companion Poor CS

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've emailed them again tonight to inform them that the glue still hasn't arrived.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

It's not just direct orders to individuals they suck at. I like to give business to a local craft shop where I can, and recently went to one of the classes they run which covered use of alcohol pens and pencils together. They were offering 15% off of the tins of spectrum noir pencils if we ordered them through them, so I (and a couple of other ladies) ordered the primary and essentials sets. That was back at the beginning of May and we were told that CC had promised delivery as soon as they received their delivery.

On Saturday last, when I called in, the owner of the shop was spitting mad because she made her regular chase up call to the company and was told that because of a "pre order" (create and craft?) her order had been put on hold until the next delivery was received in. This will be in 4 weeks time. Worse, they obviously had no intentions of telling her, because she was the one who rang them! She was embarrassed and furious when she told us - mainly I suspect because we had paid up front. I've decided not to ask for my money back, I still want them and I can wait. But it's a small shop - the last thing they need is to lose business over this type of behaviour. I think CC should be ashamed of themselves.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you are going to get...!

Post Thanks / Like

I very rarely shop online with CC, the local garden centre has a good craft centre and sell CC products if I ever need any card. However, Sara Davies is the owner of the company and must take responsibility for every part of her business. Customer Services, if done well, can make a company and if it isn't there customers will go elsewhere. I only need one negative experience with a company and I do not buy from them again.

The problems with CC seem to be ongoing and I think it is about time they got back to basics and remember their "civilian customers" are the backbone of their business and need treating with respect.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
    It's not just direct orders to individuals they suck at. I like to give business to a local craft shop where I can, and recently went to one of the classes they run which covered use of alcohol pens and pencils together. They were offering 15% off of the tins of spectrum noir pencils if we ordered them through them, so I (and a couple of other ladies) ordered the primary and essentials sets. That was back at the beginning of May and we were told that CC had promised delivery as soon as they received their delivery.

On Saturday last, when I called in, the owner of the shop was spitting mad because she made her regular chase up call to the company and was told that because of a "pre order" (create and craft?) her order had been put on hold until the next delivery was received in. This will be in 4 weeks time. Worse, they obviously had no intentions of telling her, because she was the one who rang them! She was embarrassed and furious when she told us - mainly I suspect because we had paid up front. I've decided not to ask for my money back, I still want them and I can wait. But it's a small shop - the last thing they need is to lose business over this type of behaviour. I think CC should be ashamed of themselves.
    Well according to Sara's twitter page she has been to Munich (HSE24?) and Spectrum Noir pencils are going down a storm.........
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They will be - its all the "bouncing, smiling and girl next door" persona that makes us that we really need this or that, and Sara is very good at it! I do really like the lass but I still think that its grown too big too quick and she cannot realise how upset folk get with the customers service which is desparate for an overhaul to see what's going wrong. Something else as well, if customer service's in Germany or USA are anything like here, they won't last two minutes. You would think that UK would be well looked after, seeing as its where all of her support started. IMO it's a real shame.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well, last weeks order still not dispatched, no reply to yesterdays email ( as expected) so chased again today. I've told them to cancel the order - bet you they don't! Trouble is, of course, as long as peeps continue to order nothing will change. They will get no more orders from me - not that that will make a difference to them.

Post Thanks / Like

As I emailed one of the Head Honchos I got a response. My email was polite, balanced and fair. Basically, they don't think it's unreasonable for an order to still not be sent a week after ordering, and not even a hint of an apology. They are, however, sorry that I FEEL the service has deteriorated.
    They clearly don't care one bit what their customers think - or in this case ex customer.
    As expected, they wont cancel the order!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clumsycrafter View Post
    As I emailed one of the Head Honchos I got a response. My email was polite, balanced and fair. Basically, they don't think it's unreasonable for an order to still not be sent a week after ordering, and not even a hint of an apology. They are, however, sorry that I FEEL the service has deteriorated.
    They clearly don't care one bit what their customers think - or in this case ex customer.
    As expected, they wont cancel the order!!
    Bliddy cheek! Can't you cancel your payment via the bank/credit card whatever. I thought there was the thing about distance selling and the right to change your mind? Dips where are you font of all knowledge.......

Post Thanks / Like

That's awful, they probably read all these comments and don't agree with them, this is not a good attitude for any business. I think with distance selling, its 7 days from either placing or receiving your order (sorry can't remember which) but Dips is sure to know.

Post Thanks / Like

They can send the order - it doesn't matter - but they will definitely get no more from me.