Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: remember when QVC said 'we are definitely not stopping craft shows' ha ha

Post Thanks / Like

Default remember when QVC said 'we are definitely not stopping craft shows' ha ha

We knew it, they knew it, but still they said it. Why weren't they just honest? It made me distrust them on everything, to tell such a blatant lie. I rarely watch now, unless its for Mally

Post Thanks / Like

Must admit Lynnie that I never watched craft on QVC. I always found the pace a bit frantic and the demos very basic and rushed. It would be good though for C&C to have some serious competition on the TV as this is when the prices would come down and they will stop being so smug. After all who else is likely to win the award of best craft channel, of course they win every year.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

all they have is Anna Griffin & i think thats all your going to get now
    STAR IN THE HOOD

Post Thanks / Like

With the amount of Money I spend with them on crafts I'm sure I could have kept the department opened on my own.lol

Since then I purchased 5-6 products in 2-3 years so not much of my money going to them.

when crafts was on I would purchase a lot more of the other items because I was watching other things would catch my eye, I've purchased some big tickets items over the years. These days I forget the channel is even there!
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just the same as freedom. I actually liked the QVC format and used to watch or record craft shows regularly. As a result of this, I also watched other shows and used to buy a lot more from QVC. Now I dont even know what TSVs are coming up and very occasionally glance to have a look what is on whilst channel hopping. I do miss the craft on QVC, and would like to see it back. Doubt whether that will happen as most of companies who supplied QVC are now on C&C. As Craftysusan mentioned - competition would be good. We could see better prices and maybe the C&C shows would also become more interesting/varied.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

its proberbly why Anna Griffin is doing home items on Q here
    STAR IN THE HOOD

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Must admit I wasn't that keen on craft stuff on QVC, except the Christmas in July goodies. If they had put the word Christmas in front, they could have sold me virtually anything. Used to love nearly all the Christmas shows, especially Thomas Pacconi (spl), crafts, and especially Mr Christmas. The only things I wasn't keen on were the trees and lights, way too expensive I reckoned.

I didn't buy any of the Thomas Pacconi items as they were glass, didn't want little furry paws to knock them off the tree, thereby getting nasty bits of glass in their wee tootsies. I did spend lots on Mr Christmas goodies though. Haven't seen anything I fancy on the shows for ages. Not that I have room for such things anymore. Used to put stuff on the windowsill, but the present sets of furry paws are still a bit on the delinquent side. Strange thing is they aren't fussed about the tree in front of the window, but give the one on the dresser a right going over - nawty fluffits. :(

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I concur with Lioness; I'd watch the craft, then carry on watching the beauty show that was next, or got some diamonique for pressies. Now I buy the odd Mally kit and that is it. I used to enjoy the craft days, they'd have a good range of stuff. Amy was my only bugbear. Wonder what happened to her...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I only ever really found QVC through the Craft Shows but spent an absolute fortune on other stuff. Every Molton Brown, L'Occitane TSV, shedloads of make up and lots of other random stuff, some of it very stupid !!!

When the craft went, I went !!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I do think QVC have better Christmas decorations than Ideal World. I use to love watching the Christmas light shows and the charismas village on ideal but it never happened last year.