Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dolls House Pram

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    Glad to hear you did at least save on parking charges - they make hospital visits even more unpleasant.

Might be worth just Googling. DH is re fighting the Crimean War with little soldiers and I have found lots of the things he needs to build his battlefields and equipment that way. Have found some good suppliers in China - just bought a whole pile of trees from there at a fraction of the price of the local model shop ( he still buys some in there as well in the hope they don't close down), no postage and with him within a week! Or save a search on EBay so if something comes up you will get an e-mail to let you know.

Think Hobbycraft has recently had new owners and is weeding out less profitable shops - the one nearest to home in a garden centre where I normally do click and collect is closing for that reason. Fortunately I drive past a big branch on my way home from work so it's not really an issue. But I don't want to hike over there in the holidays!!!
    Hi CSF

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried google but must admit that I asked for UK suppliers only. I'm not sure if I'm being too fussy. For instance I've seen 1.6mm brass tube (square) instead of 1.58mm (a minute difference) but I'm not sure if it would be OK. It's the same with the brass sheet I've seen 0.2mm but not 0.3mm. I suppose the sheeting wouldn't be too bad but really not sure about the tube. I've also found some jewellery wire that is near to size for the wire it's not brass but gold coloured so would do.

I can't make up my mind lol.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spendsloads View Post
    Have you tried contacting Hobby's directly Waterlily? I think they have a shop in South London, and if you called them up, they might be able to see if they have any of the parts you need sitting around on the shelves or might have alternatives available? Sorry if this sounds a bit obvious and you have already done it.
    Hi Spends,

Thanks for the reply.

I did phone them but they weren't very helpful. He said that the plans were no longer on the computer so he couldn't help. I said I had a list of what was wanted and he said it wasn't available. When I type in the item nos on the website it comes up with stuff with other item nos but I've got no idea what they are, they don't seem to be anything like what I'm looking for lol!
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

That was not very helpful of the chap at Hobby's. In the old days, as in when my dad was doing his fretwork stuff, they would fall over backwards to try and help.

Hospital parking is horrendous enough without having to pay for it. I'm lucky in that it is easy for me to get to Barnsley General, even though it is two bus rides. I wish the same could be said for the Northern General. Only one bus ride, but a terrific long walk to the hand unit. The parking is abysmal, with a heck of a long walk from all the car parks, even further by bus. There was supposed to be a free hospital bus, but when I was coming and going to the hospital it wasn't running.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roz

We've never had trouble with them before, hubby has used them for years too as well as Hobbies. Hobbies seem to have more stuff these days and are nearer to us. In the old days we used to live quite near Hobby's lol.

Transport around here is horrendous, we had to get the hospital to arrange transport when hubby couldn't drive. Between us we are under 3 different hospitals for different things lol. One we used to go to was terrible for parking. We had to go really early to make sure we got a parking space, sometimes driving round for 45 mins to get a space. The next time hubby had to go for hospital appointments he asked if it could be a different hospital lol.

Typical about the hospital bus not being available when you needed it!
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

We have a brand new hospital built on the site of an old workhouse in the middle of the countryside serving a large rural community. To encourage people to go there by public transport there was a government ruling that car parking space had to be severely limited. I work close to it and it takes me 45 minutes to drive there - by bus it is a 2 hour journey. Some villages only have a bus on 2 or 3 days a week and the return bus only designed for an hour's shopping in a nearby town so no use for appointments or visiting. Just shows how rules today are designed for city societies with regular public transport systems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    We have a brand new hospital built on the site of an old workhouse in the middle of the countryside serving a large rural community. To encourage people to go there by public transport there was a government ruling that car parking space had to be severely limited. I work close to it and it takes me 45 minutes to drive there - by bus it is a 2 hour journey. Some villages only have a bus on 2 or 3 days a week and the return bus only designed for an hour's shopping in a nearby town so no use for appointments or visiting. Just shows how rules today are designed for city societies with regular public transport systems.

That's us CSF we also have to pay a yearly fee of £20 to use the bus plus fares. We are OAPs so get the free pass but still have to pay the annual fee.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a bit cheeky having to pay an annual fee when the rest of us get it for nowt. Must admit we are really lucky with buses, well except evenings and Sunday, though even then they do exist. Monday to Saturday the 66 is every 10 minutes, the 67 once an hour, ditto the X10 (Meadowhall) and 267 (Rotherham) plus a walk down to Sheffield Road means I can also use the 265 (Sheffield) which are two to the hour. There is also the 72 every hour, but that doesn't go into town, and the number 7 that goes via a scenic route. Shame there is no longer a bus directly to Leeds from barnsley, but I guess one can't have everything.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roz, it's a strange bus service as you have to call them and they pick you up from your door, not sure if its the same in the village, we are outside of the village and quite a way from the bus stop. Stagecoach stopped their bus service here a couple of years ago. It's run by the council now (I think).
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Should have checked first lol.

It'a now £10 per annum per person and the fare is £5 return (Standard fare for any journey) unless you have a bus pass when the fare is free but you have to pay the annual fee. It runs 3 times a day five days a week but there are only 2 return journeys. I've seen the buses at all the supermarkets in town. They still pick you up from home but I'm sure I've seen people the other side of the village waiting at bus stops. They also have facilities for the disabled which is great.

Meant to say it's called dial a ride.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

We have dial a ride here
    But they only do a bulk pick up meaning you have to go at a certain time when others are being picked up on route
    tends to do tesco run.doctors and hospital appointments.
    have seen it waiting in tesco car park.but not so much recently as I shop online

Not sure how much it is
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13: