Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dolls House Pram

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm an online shopper too, not only can't I be bothered to spend half a day getting to and from the supermarket, but I can't carry it all either. When I had my hysterectomy I was told I had to balance the weight of shopping between both hands, and not too much of it at that. As I can't carry much in my right hand anyway, that means I can't carry much at all.

It only costs me £3 a month with Tesco for any of the three midweek days, it is less trouble for them to bring it. As I buy virtually the same stuff each week anyway, it only takes a few minutes to do my order. I also get quite a lot of points that I save up for my Christmas shopping, over £60 at the moment, and it is still only August. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I used to do my shop weekends, but started to do it online when mum went into care home, so poor hubby did not spend the weekend driving me here and there. I don't drive and only have one bus a day which goes to tesco then town coming back from town to tesco to our village 3 and a half hours later so I'd have to hang around in tesco or town all that time and theres not that much in town to occupie me all that time and to far to walk home
    Do miss having a look around but it saves me money
    As I just order what I need I get the £1.00 delivery slot each week which is a lot less than it would cost on petrol
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

We tend to do most of our shopping in Aldi or Lidl these days. When hubby couldn't drive I had my shopping delivered from Tesco and used the mid week version paying monthly. It was a bit more expensive then though. We've got a new Tescos and I hate going there so if I need stuff from there I order it for delivery.

Like Jan said it costs us more in petrol to go there than it does to have it delivered. I think we live further away from the shops than Jan does too.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've a couple of local Co-op's, but they don't sell very much, and they are expensive compared to Tesco, especially the one down at the common. There is a Morrison's in Barnsley, but way out of the way, ditto Asda. There is a supermarket just across the road from Dot's craft shop, but by the time I have bought my fruit in the market, my bag is more than full enough. I could take my shopping trolley, but to be honest it is a pain in the derrière to drag it on and off the bus, especially as I always end up putting too much into it. A case of it doesn't weigh too much while pulling it, but weighs half a ton when lifting it on and off the bus.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

We are very lucky Roz, once we get into town there is a Morrisons, Tesco, Asda, Co-op, Lidl and Aldi so a good choice. I know what you mean about the trolley, they are very easy to overfill aren't they. We have a little corner shop in the village but that's very expensive, it's about a mile away from us. We are very lucky that we've got a post office, saves queueing in the one in town. There's also a hairdressers in the village.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Our Co-op has become a Waitrose. TBH I haven't noticed much of a change in prices as I always thought the Co-op was pricey anyway. But there are good bargains to be had at the end of the day when the fresh goods are sold off before going out of date! The people of Tunbridge Wells were very rude in the press when our small town got Waitrose when they haven't got one as we were clearly too down-market to shop there. However since it opened I have never seen so many 4 wheel drive cars and yummy mummys in the town before!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My best friend used to live in Tunbridge Wells, very posh house, her hubby was a pilot. She now lives near Sevenoaks another good friend lives in Tonbridge. I often wonder what it's like down there now - moved away about 40 years ago.

The Co-op in town used to be a Somerfields.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Reading your posts makes me realise how much choice we townies have. I love Waitrose because I can get things in there which aren't available anywhere else. I think a lot of my neighbours must love Waitrose too as there are FIVE within a three mile radius of our house (and Ocado vans are also ubiquitous round here), though we tend to use them more for top-up and convenience shopping (they are all either on the High Street or next to stations) and do our main shop at our nearest supermarket, Sainsbury's. I'm not a big fan of Asda as I have never been able to complete my shopping list any one I have been to and the one nearest us is horrible - small by Asda standards, really old and tatty and I won't shop at Tesco as I think some of their practices aren't very ethical.

Post Thanks / Like

At the moment we have one supermarket in the town and a Tesco Express (great if you want sweets, alcohol or a paper, but useless for a family shop) so it is Waitrose or an 8 mile drive/bus/train ride. However, Sainsbury have been given planning permission for a new store on the trading estate on the edge of town so that should provide more choice and jobs (which are badly needed in a rural area with poor transport links). We are on a commuter line to London and Croydon, but that is no use unless you earn enough to pay for an expensive season ticket.
    Fortunately my drive home takes me past several supermarkets, so I do my shopping en route as I have never really got on with on line shopping, except to send the kids food when they were at uni!