Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon rear feed printer - no longer being made!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canon rear feed printer - no longer being made!

I've had a Canon printer for about 6/7 years and I love it! It was recommended by a fellow paper crafter as it has a rear tray which would take card. I use often use CDs in my card making and like to print on card. My printer is now starting to show it's age and I'm getting lines across the page. I thought it was because one of the inks needed renewing but I've just changed it and it's only improved a little bit. I've also cleaned the heads and done alignment tests and they haven't helped. So I've been looking online for a replacement Canon printer and to my horror I've discovered they don't make rear feed printers anymore!
    So what printers do you use and are they rear feed trays?
    Last edited by pyjama princess; 23-08-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a Canon rear feed that I got for £13 from Amazon quite a few years ago. Fortunately (fingers and everything crossed) it's working fine and it better continue to do so as I've just bought a load of ink for it.

I wouldn't recommend an HP as I had a heap of problems with mine and ended up binning it.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Canon PIXMA MP140 and love the rear feed. It is a sturdy reliable printer and is great on ink. It's a shame it is no longer on sale but there must be an equivalent out there somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

That is the printer I have Stitch - I love it as it does everything I need - print, scan and photocopy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pyjama Princess. Have you tried doing a print head alignment? Go into control panel and click on your printer properties and choose the maintenance tab. It might also need a deep clean from the same option. I have a Canon MP230 top loader and am very pleased with it. Prints on to card a treat and was very cheap from Staples.

Post Thanks / Like

mines a cannon pixma iP4850 but as I put in a differant thread it was my hubbies old one so not sure how olr it is, it is just printer no scan or photo copy facility

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craftysusan View Post
    Hi Pyjama Princess. Have you tried doing a print head alignment? Go into control panel and click on your printer properties and choose the maintenance tab. It might also need a deep clean from the same option. I have a Canon MP230 top loader and am very pleased with it. Prints on to card a treat and was very cheap from Staples.
    Yes I've done all that - the deep clean I've done twice but there's only a very slight improvement. The printer is still useable (especially for text documents) I can still print blues without too many lines appearing but anything pink looks dreadful.

Post Thanks / Like

I have recently bought the Canon Pixma MG6450. It is front loading but I have just used it to successfully print on to 300gsm card. It is perfectly flat even though it has gone through 180 degrees before coming out! I bought it from Tesco because it was on special offer (still is) and it is also included in the Clubcard Boost promotion ( Clubcard vouchers are worth double their face value).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holliecraft View Post
    I have recently bought the Canon Pixma MG6450. It is front loading but I have just used it to successfully print on to 300gsm card. It is perfectly flat even though it has gone through 180 degrees before coming out! I bought it from Tesco because it was on special offer (still is) and it is also included in the Clubcard Boost promotion ( Clubcard vouchers are worth double their face value).
    That's good to hear holliecraft.

pyjama princess - it might be worth checking the specs on the new canon printers to see what weight card they will take.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found this review for the Canon Pixma MG6450 where it says that it takes 300gsm.