Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon rear feed printer - no longer being made!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    Yes I've done all that - the deep clean I've done twice but there's only a very slight improvement. The printer is still useable (especially for text documents) I can still print blues without too many lines appearing but anything pink looks dreadful.
    Shame it didn't work. It is so frustrating when a favourite and trusty item stops working. I bought my Canon as a second printer because my Epson is a front loader which hates heavy weight card.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Pyjama Princess I have a Canon Pixma MG 3550 WiFi front loading printer and have no problem printing on 300gsm. It prints beautifully on Centura pearl too. I have had it around 6 months and really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holliecraft View Post
    I have recently bought the Canon Pixma MG6450. It is front loading but I have just used it to successfully print on to 300gsm card. It is perfectly flat even though it has gone through 180 degrees before coming out! I bought it from Tesco because it was on special offer (still is) and it is also included in the Clubcard Boost promotion ( Clubcard vouchers are worth double their face value).
    Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    Hello Pyjama Princess I have a Canon Pixma MG 3550 WiFi front loading printer and have no problem printing on 300gsm. It prints beautifully on Centura pearl too. I have had it around 6 months and really like it.
    That's interesting that the front loaders have improved enough to take card - you've made me re think now.
    There's a review on Tesco's site from a crafter saying it takes 300gsm card.
    Holliecraft - Sadly I spent my clubcard vouchers on Thursday using the club card boost promotion.
    Caz - thanks for your post too, good to hear it prints on Centura pearl.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Hi PP have you checked to see if any of the slightly older Canon models with a back feeder are still around to buy?

I have the Canon MG5350 printer bought it last August. It has the feeder on the front for paper and CD's and a back one for card. It is a nice printer but I find mine uses a lot of ink compared to my last H.P. printer. Some days it drives my crackers with all the checks it does before it will print and I also find with some software the colours are not true and seems to only print out basic colours.

I use Ultimate Verse Insert Designer for my inserts and if I ask it to print turquoise it comes out just blue. The same in Microsoft Word the colour pallet does not work properly with the printer. Never had any problems with accurate printing of colours with any of my previous H.P. printers. I only changed brands because printing on card H.P. does not do well and my last H.P. printer suddenly refused to print black, so I needed a new one. I asked on the Canon printer forum about my problem and not one reply. I just wish I knew how to sort it out. Strange too that the colours print better from my Silhouette Studio software.

The scanner part of the printer works really well directly from my Studio software, very accurate.

Post Thanks / Like

Mines the same as Dax's PP, but I haven't had any probs with the colours not being "true" (to my knowledge that is, they all look ok !) Got mine about December time. It does my head in too with all the checks it does but I've found if I leave it switched on it doesn't seem to do it. I have also had 250g card in the bottom tray and it printed fine BUT you do have to remember that if you use the bottom tray you have to put your medium in upside down as it turns it to print as it comes through - guess who learned the hard way, several times too!! Takes 5 separate inks too - 2 x blacks and 3 colours, and I use compatible inks too

Post Thanks / Like

I have an HP Deskjet 3050A, as a second printer, that is a rear feed and does an excellent job, it also scans and copies, works via wifi and was a very reasonable price. I have always ended up with HP after a lot of research as they seem to be the best for what I want to do.

Post Thanks / Like

I also got the canon 5350 last December - there must have been a rush on! I'm happy with it but to be honest I don't do much CD crafting so can't say about the accuracy of the colours!! I like the rear feed for 300 gsm though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your replies. I've had a good play around with mine this morning - used a damp cloth and damp cotton wool buds and very gently cleaned around inside. Then did a few deep cleans and alignments. It's a lot better now but still a few faint lines. I'm going to stick with it for a while but keep an eye out for any offers on the 5350 if there's any left out there!

Post Thanks / Like

I got a new printer today as my Epson, in spite of intense therapy , is refusing to print yellow-OH is going to use it to print his stuff on in black as it will still do that. I got an all in one with WiFi so I can use it from iPad/Phone and laptop. It is a front loader but will take the Canon Platinum paper which is 300GSM. It is the MG5550 and is printing beautifully -as long as I remember to put the paper in the right way.

Post Thanks / Like

Just another post to say that my Canon Pixma MG5450 only has front loaders but takes 300gsm card perfectly. You don't need a rear feed on a Canon for heavyweight card at all.