Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be careful what you wish for!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Be careful what you wish for!

For years I have been whinging about the lack of materials for making religious Christmas cards. So last year I was delighted with Joanna Sheen's nativity dies and the nativity scenes from Cottage Cutz and Die'mensions which I bought from the US. This year there has a plethora of designs to choose from - so maybe the craft companies do listen! I couldn't resist the new Die'mensions and Cottage Cutz ones and also bought the Crafters Companions dies as well! So this year I can produce lots of ’grown up' nativity based cards without feeling I'm stuck with one style or design. I've spent a lot on these - but hopefully they will last me for years as I can rotate them over the years.

And here is today's creation......... Die'mensions die, brown card and hammered ivory from Papermill, mirri from Creata, peace die from Spellbinders using ivory Centura.

image.jpg
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that's lovely; thanks for sharing. Not a criticism, because I really do like it; just a suggestion: I'd probably separate the star from the manger, and attach the star higher on the card. Might also cut Peace in black as well, but probably you've tried that and it looks better as you've done it.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions - much appreciated. I've made several with 'peace' cut in different colours and this was the one I liked best - but they all look good. I like the star suggestion. These were the first cuts I'd done with this die so I was using it straight, but I think you're right about separating it from the manger. I'll give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my favourite so far.

Post Thanks / Like

That is very much the style of Christmas card I love.

Post Thanks / Like

That's lovely, it's funny but I've just made a batch this afternoon using a nativity die cut too. Hope you don't mind if I post a photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great cards CSF and Jammy, they are both a bit different from the usual nativity scenes that are out there. Love them both.

Post Thanks / Like

lovely card ladies
    CFS I think your card suits all ages, it traditional and cute

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Great cards , I must start mine .........

Post Thanks / Like

I love your card Jammy. Is it a die or cut with an electronic cutter? It isn't a design I've see before. The background is great - really bold. A card that will stand out on a mantelpiece!