Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Displaying CD Contents

Post Thanks / Like

Default Displaying CD Contents

I'm looking for an easy way to print out the whole contents of all my craft cd's and store them in folder’s so I can flick through them quickly and easily instead of having to open up each disc to find what I’m looking for.

I have quite a few CD’s and am finding that I am not using them due to not remembering exactly what is on them.

Does anyone know a way of printing multiple pdf's, jpg's, gif's and svg's on the same page, maybe 6-8 on one page depending on the size of image/document/content? I have access Mac or Windows to use a program, or is there an existing manual method).

Thank you in advance.

T.
    ----
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've done this but don't have a quick cure for it. I displayed the stuff as large icons and then did a screenshot (I use lightshot), pasted into a word document and printed.

I was very pleased when MCS started to do the contact sheets.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is a brilliant question! I've thought many times that its something I could do with doing. Don't remember whats on half of my cd's. I had one favourite on MCS years ago and haven't a clue which its on now, lifes far too short to start going through my whole collection and in any case, some have been lost or passed on. Wonder if someone does know an easy way to do this ourselves or, even pay for someone to do it for us!!

By the way, Welcome to the forum londoniscrazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Londoniscrazy. I do the same as Kaz. I know Rozminis has all her cds on an external drive. When she comes on later hopefully she'll pop on this thread and let you know if she's done what you want to do.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried doing it myself, but I know Rob Addams CD's have a printable contents page on most of his CD's. Most of the CD's I have are specific subjects, which is why I usually buy Rob's, so I can usually find what I am looking for.

I've found it much easier to keep CD's on an external hard drive, especially as I could never find the CD I was looking for. Honest I do keep the blessed things organised in a couple of cases designed for storage of such things, but I can still never find what I'm looking for. I also have to move everything from the right hand side of my laptop to install the thing. Didn't have to do that with the PC, but lappy's just have to be different. Why can't the thing be at the front, or in the top of the monitor, or somat sensible like that? Left and right no good. :(

Not been any help have I? Sorry. :( Oh and welcome londoniscrazy. :)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I have my cd's on the computer as they run far better from there than the cd drawer. The physical cd's are in the loft with all my music cd's as they are also stored electronically.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome Londoniscrazy. Hope someone can answer your question as it be great if we could do this although I don't know how much ink and paper it would use.

Post Thanks / Like

Example IrfanView Contact Sheet.jpgI'm pretty sure you can create a Contact Sheet in Irfan View, open up the Thumbnail option, select your pics >File>Print Contact Sheet (I think that's what it says).

IrfanView is free and I've been using it for a lot of years.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh, I had that on my last computer............. or was it the one before I wonder. One of those things I never got around to installing on my laptop. Of course I haven't had the thing long, only two and a bit years, give it another six and I might get that round tuit going! ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I love this forum, I learn so much. I have never heard of Irfan View but will have a look later.