Thread: Finished knitting a lace scarf

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Finished knitting a lace scarf

Bought the Lets Knit magazine in Carlisle way back in June, only bought it because of the freebie yarn and pattern. What with one thing and another, knitting baby clothes and cross stitching, I didn't get a 'round tuit' until just before going on holiday to York last month. Finally finished it yesterday, washed and pressed it today, and I must say I am well chuffed with it.

The lace patterns were pretty easy to do, though they did require the 'please don't talk to me' rule being obeyed. Anyhow, being a glutton for punishment I have bought three balls of Sublime Merino wool, spun in Italy, though the fleece comes from Australia. The yarn in the original kit was acrylic, pretty good, but not a patch on the Sublime, sublime by name, sublime by nature.

I bought three balls, plus a booklet with loads of patterns for shawls, scarves and even a couple for fingerless gloves. Most patterns take only two balls, though two of them use three, the gloves use 10 grams per pair. I can't make up my mind which design to try first, though I really do want to try them all eventually. :)

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Come on then Roz - we've got the name of the wool (sorry Yarn for the 'pc' peeps) which pattern-book is it please, is it by Sublime? I have loads of stuff I'm ashamed to say I've had for years which I've brought down here he'd go mad if he knew, (told himself its cushions stuffed under one of the spare beds - God forgive me) some of its very fine and would be lovely for what you describe Roz.

Post Thanks / Like

Where's the pic?

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup it's a Sublime book, bought from Outbackyarns http://outbackyarns.co.uk/yarns/yarn...yarn_weight=42 It is wool n'all, no other stuff in it, unlike the whatever it is that was in the Lets Knit magazine. That must have been mega cheap stuff, though it was still a pleasure to knit with.

Haven't got a 'round tuit' with the camera yet, so no piccy. Really ought to dig out my camera as I've other stuff that need snapping. :)

Decided on the cushion next, done quite a bit of it in fact. Not keen on the bouclé yarn, but hopefully it will look decent when finished. Hope so at it is going to be a birthday prezzie. I keep forgetting there are a lot of birthdays over the next few weeks, well between the end of this month and the end of January anyway.

Roz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog