Thread: Sincere apologies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sincere apologies

Dear Folks,

I offer my sincere apologies for missing some birthdays - I will be sending out belated greetings cards in due course - once I start not living out of cardboard boxes. The council have eventually (5 years late) got round to starting the modernisation of our estate. What started out as new kitchen and bathroom then went on to rewiring and now they have decided to totally renew heating system (ours is still under warranty for f**k's sake). So my whole life is going into storage and I'm being allowed:
    1 bed
    1 settee
    1 week's worth of clothes (despite them knowing this will take up to 4 weeks!)
    Fridge/freezer
    TV
    Cooker with a couple of pans and a couple of cooking utensils.

I've got carpets to lift, floor tiles to take up, try not to fall in the hole where the floorboard is partially missing from the last heating installation, an praying nothing gets lost/broken!

Hopefully I will be able to find a bit of my craft stuff to catch up asap as I'm likely to be this way till after Christmas - and yes it is driving me nuts, whilst the rest of the house is being carted off to God knows where!

Humble apologies again.
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

On one hand how lovely to hear you are being modernised :mysmilie_17:but I can understand your comments about the mess and muddle. Take care.
    Last edited by Deefersmum; 18-11-2014 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Can't spell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you again Suban. The refurb sounds rather stressful, but hopefully it will be worth it in the end. I hope you were able to hold on to a few crafty bits and pieces, even if it's just some knitting - I'm not sure I could stand not crafting for 4 weeks!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't fall in the hole Susan!!! Hope you get sorted soon, take care.
    Susan x

My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Suban, was beginning to miss the black cat, and you of course, glad to hear things are getting better for you.x

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Suban,

Hope it go all OK. xx

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a nightmare Suban - it will be great when its all done but its sounds a bit drastic in how they are going about it. I know if it were me, I could cope better in the spring or summer - but this time of year seems to make it worse somehow.

Hope it all goes quickly for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope everything gets sorted quickly and you will be back to crafting very soon.