Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Birthday Swap - Openings for new Members

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birthday Swap - Openings for new Members

The second group of Birthday card Swappers has openings for anyone who wishes to join in with a Birthday swap. The swap works like this:

We swap one birthday card with each member of the group by sending a hand made card to that person in time to arrive for their birthday during the year. In the case of the 2nd group our "year of birthdays" runs from 1st May till the 30th of April each year. The committment is therefore to remain a member for the full year after which time your obligation has ended.

The number of birthday cards you will need to make throughout the year will depend on the total number in the group. Last year we had 13 people but due to other commitments 3 are not rejoinng the group so we are starting this year with 10 members already signed up. 15 is the maximum as I think any more than that can make the group become too big and members with less free time may find that the obligation to make a card for each of the other members becomes a difficult one to keep up with.

If you would like to join please let me know. If you are a new card maker please feel welcome - our group is about helping to make each other's birthday a little more special and all card makers are welcome no matter what level of experience or what style of card you enjoy making.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to join Phree.
    Anna

Post Thanks / Like

May I just say for anyone dithering whether to join in, there is nothing nicer than your postie staggering up the drive with an armful of hand made birthday cards just for you !!!

It will make your day !
    Last edited by Julie; 04-04-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    May I just say for anyone dithering whether to join in, there is nothing nicer than the your postie staggering up the drive with an armful of hand made birthday cards just for you !!!

It will make your day !
    I'll second that Julie. I've just rejoined after a year off. :)

Post Thanks / Like

Can I join in too please :)
    Hopefully making cards for the forum will give me the kick up the a**e I need to get my family cards made in advance instead of at 2am the day before theyr due :D
    kookietiger

now where did I put my ..............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kookietiger View Post
    Can I join in too please :)
    Hopefully making cards for the forum will give me the kick up the a**e I need to get my family cards made in advance instead of at 2am the day before theyr due :D
    I am so glad kookietiger, so nice to have a new member!

It really does make your birthday all those cards!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well why not ! LOL Can I please ?
    Fab

My Kimtag Profile ! :)

Post Thanks / Like

Any space left? I am already in a birthday swap but I enjoy it a lot and it would be great to get even more cards on my birthday! (It makes my neighbours think I'm popular when they see all the cards on the window sill)
    Having said that Phree if there are any newbies (or oldies) that are not already in a swap I would rather you gave any remaining free spaces to them
    Just let me know either way
    Last edited by sugarplum; 04-04-2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling again

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to join in please if there is still a space.
    Gill

Post Thanks / Like

me too, would love to join if there is space