Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ideal World Have Sunk To A New Low

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pyjama Princess. It is a shame they didn't post details of the new website on here as lots of people from this site helped last year but I didn't have the time to make any cards as my mother was in hospital. I would have loved to help In the future.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just found a second thread started by the forum member who is part of this charity. The thread was about used postage stamps and several forum members had sent some (including JACKSMISSIS). Perhaps one of them still has contact details for the charity. I'll read a bit more and possibly start a new thread - you might be able to get a bit more info then.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

No sorry peeps, I don't have any details either. I am still supporting charities but find the ones that only appear at Christmas and then don't keep us in the loop (so to speak) a bit off putting. We've had quite a few over the years that have been so deserving then disappear, so my contributions go to local ones now (I hope this doesn't sound nasty, I really don't mean it too).
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep my local fluffit and woofit shop supplied with cards, its about all I can keep up with. If they didn't exist it would probably be our local Sally Army. Shame there is a local hospice shop as I would try and divide my cards between the two. I know I am keen on voluntary euthanasia, but I also support those who prefer letting nature take its course.

There is a hospice shop in Barnsley, but it is a tad out of my way when it comes to carrying a bag that is heavy with cards, especially as I could only get there on a Monday. I can nip down to the fluffit/woofit shop any day of the week. Was going to take some Chrissy decorations and cards down tomorrow, but I have loads of stuff for the post, so it will have to wait until Tuesday instead.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Just a wee note .... BFPO 792 which was for Afghan has now ceased as they are pulling out of there so boxes will have ceased to be sent , you'd have to ask if another combat op in able to take them ( boxes are free to combat zones ) but are charged at a reduced rate to non combat

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh, well parcels were not at a reduced to Cyprus when I sent one a few years ago. Not only that, but the dratted thing took over a month to arrive. Keith said it is because they wait until they have a full aircraft before parcels go there. Must be naughty boy country! I wonder how long they take to arrive in Belize, now that really is naughty boy land. ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I sent one to Oz on 23rd September - daughter says still not arrived !