Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideal World Have Sunk To A New Low

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideal World Have Sunk To A New Low

Following the launch of the new Grand Calibre I left the channel on and Ideal World are now using the Nativity and the birth of Jesus Christ to sell jewellery. Can't believe it, I do find this offensive. Is it just me? The presenter is delivering the item in such a reverent way that he sounds like he is giving a sermon. I don't normally like to slate presenters but this is beyond belief.

Post Thanks / Like

No it isn't just you. I had to turn it off too. Didn't recognise the presenter - is he part of the IW team?
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you too. When the presenter started on immediately before the GC launch I thought he was messing around. My toes began to curl................. Yuck! Ideal World seems to have gone bananas from the little bit I have watched - the two presenters from Bid TV who have recently appeared take power/pressure selling to a new high. The one used to be very funny years ago on BTV but now it is excruciating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sussexsue View Post
    No it isn't just you. I had to turn it off too. Didn't recognise the presenter - is he part of the IW team?
    Thank you ladies, it is not just me being oversensitive then. I Only watch Ideal World for the pick of the day craft product so I am not familiar with all the new presenters. I wondered if he was the person selling the item rather than a regular and yes Deefersmum you are right it was toe curling.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jesus, if he existed was NOT born in December!! The hierarchy of the church moved all the christian festivals to the pagan ones so that people would celebrate them, the term is actually Yule not christmas.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glynisrose View Post
    Jesus, if he existed was NOT born in December!! The hierarchy of the church moved all the christian festivals to the pagan ones so that people would celebrate them, the term is actually Yule not christmas.
    It was still toe curling..............
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think the guy in question used to be a presenter on Bid tv or Price Drop tv, not my cup of tea really, I think Ideal World and Create and Craft employed some presenters when Bid tv and Price Drop tv closed down, his name is Peter Wilson, he speaks to you like he is preaching to you.
    Last edited by iris; 26-11-2014 at 01:20 PM.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I remember seeing some jewelry being sold which came from the purported birth place of Jesus, is this the same stuff? I thought it was appallingly crass and commercial at the time and couldn't believe even IW would sell it. Think Dennice Robinson was presenting. They seemed to keep on showing it for ages so don't think it sold well.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure it isn't Peter Simon?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    Are you sure it isn't Peter Simon?
    I don't know who he is but I wish he would :mysmilie_11: