Thread: Decomache or original decoupage and final glaze

Post Thanks / Like

Default Decomache or original decoupage and final glaze

I wonder if anyone can help. I have made lots of napkin decoupage Christmas decorations but I would like to improve the finish over this year. If I use a crackle glaze I get a high glaze finish but (obviously) crackles. This suits some but I would like a high glaze finish on the others too without cracks. Any suggestions of a good glaze/varnish. I use standard decoupage glue which does give a final glaze but I would like a shinier one.

Thanks
    Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Penny View Post
    I wonder if anyone can help. I have made lots of napkin decoupage Christmas decorations but I would like to improve the finish over this year. If I use a crackle glaze I get a high glaze finish but (obviously) crackles. This suits some but I would like a high glaze finish on the others too without cracks. Any suggestions of a good glaze/varnish. I use standard decoupage glue which does give a final glaze but I would like a shinier one.

Thanks
    hi, have you tried white pva washable craft glue ? A bit unusual, but works. The only thing I would say is to coat all of the work including the parts that are not decoupaged, give it a try, x

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't Joanna Sheen do one. It's worth looking on her web site.