Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better late than never...the 2014 Gingerbread House!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant SooG, I've never seen one like it before. It is so inventive and a brilliant tradition.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

An amazing creation as ever SooG - I always look forward to seeing your works of art. I thought of you when we were given a kit to build a gingerbread village for Christmas this year. It's stashed with our other Christmas edibles at the moment, but I'm hoping to construct it with some little ones some time soon.

Post Thanks / Like

YIPPEE! I've been waiting for this thread! I was so worried something might have stopped you continuing your tradition.
    I really love this one Soo. Louis and Mads were clever to come up with the chocolate finger/log cabin idea - it so works! And the roof is great to. I love all the trees - how were they made? And Shirl's swan is lovely but she should have made 2 so it had a mate LOL! I have left a comment on your blog but when I just looked it hasn't been published even though I ticked 'I'm not a robot'. (Came back to add my comment is showing now!)
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful Christmas (I'm not afraid of JM LOL!) tradition Soo - you've made feel all festive again!
    Last edited by pyjama princess; 12-01-2015 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Blog comment showing now!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Ha!Ha!Ha! be very afraid PP! Isnt it lovely? I am presuming the figures are marzipan or maybe fondant? I really think we should be invited round next time - just to see how its done (then sample before we leave LOL)
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    YIPPEE! I've been waiting for this thread! I was so worried something might have stopped you continuing your tradition.
    I really love this one Soo. Louis and Mads were clever to come up with the chocolate finger/log cabin idea - it so works! And the roof is great to. I love all the trees - how were they made? And Shirl's swan is lovely but she should have made 2 so it had a mate LOL! I have left a comment on your blog but when I just looked it hasn't been published even though I ticked 'I'm not a robot'. (Came back to add my comment is showing now!)
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful Christmas (I'm not afraid of JM LOL!) tradition Soo - you've made feel all festive again!
    Thanks PP! The trees are pretty simple and fun to make. They start with an ice cream cone (no ice cream!) and then you just pipe on blobs of icing. Some years we end up with tons of them as people like making them. The piping doesn't have to be perfect (or even good!) if you add a few small sweets as ornaments they always look like trees!

I see what you mean about the swans. But if you had seen how much effort went into that poor little solo swan you'll understand why he's alone!! :) :)

Scrappy Soo - my paper, ink and all things glittery blog
    Things Soo Likes - my knitting blog