Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonic Craftinator

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Tonic Craftinator

I was so looking forward to watching Jodie launch this tonight but presenter Paul Becque has totally spoilt it for me. I've had a tough day and listening to his screeching is so getting to me. Going to have to turn him off. Please Ideal World tone him down. It is so unnecessary for your customers to be yelled at - it doesn't make me want to buy the product. He's not selling off the barrow in London's street markets now.
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Jodie or Simon will read this because I totally agree. A good show has been ruined and I can't bear to watch him shouting at me. I have had to turn off without seeing the whole range and I have now have no interest in buying from these shows. I don't normally like to criticise presenters but this really is too much. I even considered emailing C&C but doubt they will pay any attention.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Know what you mean, but I think it was a requisite from Bid TV and will be a hard habit to rid of and I wouldn't have thought any IW customers like that kind of selling. I used to work funny hours (in a previous life !) and Monday nights I'd get in just in time to watch Peter S and his side-kick Sophie on Bid and I used to be in stitches - and ordered too - BUT this was a few years ago and the present delivery from all of the ex Bid peeps is a complete turn-off to me.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It's the sudden unpredictability of the screeching and the change from normal volume to loud shouting that I can't put up with - I'm not normally of a nervous disposition but this presenter gets my heart racing - in a really uncomfortable way! I had to switch off.

The dies are lovely but the fairy and sentiment frames are too over designed for me, great if you are selling the cards but personally I wouldn't find them very versatile as I make cards just for friends and family - I would have to remember who I had sent them to.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the show so cannot comment on it but I did start to watch last week's HD POD and the barrow-boy presenter made me switch off at a few mins as he ruined it, at least for me with his shoutyness. We need nice calm presenters for craft and they don't seem to be on IW.

Post Thanks / Like

I recorded the 9pm and the 11pm shows and after a few minutes of being shouted at deleted both recordings, I can put up with most of the presenters if I really want to see the product, but that shouting was just too much.
    "Many will walk in and out of your life,
    But only true friends will leave paw prints in your heart."

Those who believe a dog has no soul have never looked in the eyes of a German Shepherd.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see any of the programmes, but I bet poor Jodie had a headache at the end! It must be hard enough doing so many shows but to have someone screeching down your ear at the same time ............
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've thought that Deefy, how does Jodie - or any of the other guests - manage to concentrate on what they're doing? I'd be giving 'em a slap meself & telling them not to be so rude LOL

Post Thanks / Like

If it had not been a Tonic show with Jodie I would have turned off completely. As it was I turned the volume right down but he did spoil both shows for me. He is so OTT and hyper.

Post Thanks / Like

I got very frustrated watching Howard presenting the Tonic shows the following morning continually whingeing that he couldn't see the Club price because it was so small. Yes it may be an annoyance but didn't need repeating over and over again.