Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonic Craftinator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sussexsue View Post
    I got very frustrated watching Howard presenting the Tonic shows the following morning continually whingeing that he couldn't see the Club price because it was so small. Yes it may be an annoyance but didn't need repeating over and over again.
    That was the only part programme I saw - he certainly seemed to have got out of bed on the wrong side didn't he?

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't seen Paul for months with him not doing craft anymore, but, as much as I am loath to agree cos I prefer not to post negatively, I watched the 9pm & 11pm shows on Tuesday night & he was awful. He's never been one of my fave presenters, but either I've forgotten his antics & manner or he's got worse. At one point he came round the counter & kissed the camera, & poor Jodie was left a bit stunned behind him. It was painful to watch - not even so bad it's entertaining car crash TV, it was plain old bad.

Apologies to Jodie - as Dax says, it was only cos it was Tonic & Jodie that I kept watching, but I couldn't give it my full attention cos it was so bad.

I saw the HD launch the week before, it was the first time I'd seen that presenter & his name escapes me now, but he wasn't so bad, he was just more of a hard sell that I think we're generally used to on C&C.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

When peeps become manic I wonder whether they are painfully aware that the management are looking at who they need to keep and who needs to go. There have been quite a few changes recently so it must make you feel vulnerable.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wellington View Post
    Haven't seen Paul for months with him not doing craft anymore, but, as much as I am loath to agree cos I prefer not to post negatively, I watched the 9pm & 11pm shows on Tuesday night & he was awful. He's never been one of my fave presenters, but either I've forgotten his antics & manner or he's got worse. At one point he came round the counter & kissed the camera, & poor Jodie was left a bit stunned behind him. It was painful to watch - not even so bad it's entertaining car crash TV, it was plain old bad.

Apologies to Jodie - as Dax says, it was only cos it was Tonic & Jodie that I kept watching, but I couldn't give it my full attention cos it was so bad.

I saw the HD launch the week before, it was the first time I'd seen that presenter & his name escapes me now, but he wasn't so bad, he was just more of a hard sell that I think we're generally used to on C&C.
    Welly I saw that and totally agree with you. It was so 'cringe worthy' What the person who sent the email in saying 'they had lost their mojoy' thought I don't know, if it had been me I would be so embarrassed.

Post Thanks / Like

It was the way he kept shouting 'CRAFTINATOR' that got to me. I recorded all the shows yesterday and watched them last evening. In comparison to the 'Paul' shows I thoroughly enjoyed the others including Howard and Joanne.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't got over the embarrassment of watching him at the CHA show in the US in 2014.... *cringes*. So glad he's on IW and not C& C any more.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you are going to get...!

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I was puzzled why they sent him in the first place. What he knows about crafts you could write on a postage stamp!

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately I see Paul is presenting tonight's POD - Tattered Lace. Obviously Ideal World think he sells their products!! Unless he's been told to turn down his shouting - I shall tune in to see and very hastily switch him off if not!!

Post Thanks / Like

Last night I watch Jodie & Dawn on with the craftinator and really enjoyed it. It made it so much harder to resist buying the framed sentiment set. I really love the frame with the butterfly. Would be perfect for mother-in-laws 95th birthday card in a couple of weeks. Too late if I wait for it on general sale, oh decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Last night I watch Jodie & Dawn on with the craftinator and really enjoyed it. It made it so much harder to resist buying the framed sentiment set. I really love the frame with the butterfly. Would be perfect for mother-in-laws 95th birthday card in a couple of weeks. Too late if I wait for it on general sale, oh decisions.
    I'm wobbling! It is on flexipay!
    Go for it Dax - its a very special birthday - my ex M-I-L died just a month before her 95th - 18 months ago - we still remained close after her son did the dirty on me. She always told me I was the best daughter-in-law he gave her! She had a further two after me!
    She lived in Birmingham but towards her end I would travel up every month to stay with her and give her some care - her sons certainly didn't. On my last trip I took her birthday card early as I felt she wouldn't make it - she loved it. She was so desperate to go and meet up again with her husband - so it was a blessing for her. I have lovely memories of her and just glad now that she's where she wants to be.
    Make yours something special - you never know when you are going to lose them. Its only money after all - !!!!!!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post