Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Butterfly Die Help Please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Butterfly Die Help Please

Hi everyone. I need to make some wedding invites with butterflies. I'd like the tiny butterfly die where the butterfly stays in the card and the wings pop up (hope that makes sense). Does anyone know who makes them please? Thanks very much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craftysusan View Post
    Hi everyone. I need to make some wedding invites with butterflies. I'd like the tiny butterfly die where the butterfly stays in the card and the wings pop up (hope that makes sense). Does anyone know who makes them please? Thanks very much.
    Was it the Sue Wilson Magical Butterflies Collection? You also had the option of the pretty pinpricked surround. I haven't got them but hopefully someone who has can confirm or deny. Hope you find out.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... Don't know if the Sue W dies do that, had a quick peek at some cards made with them but they were all made with the butterflies cut right out of the cardstock, so not helpful. Someone on has probs got them & can tell you... But IIRC there's a punch that does the cut you want, I want to say its a Tonic punch, but a little thought says it might be EK Success....

Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jilly and Wellington. I think only the large butterflies of the Sue Wilson dies stay in the card but I am not sure. I'm sure I've seen someone advertising them but despite looking around the Internet I can't find the right thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one that is a memory box die - its about 1.7in wide and 1 inch high - not a tiny one so probably to big for what you need. I didn't know when I bought it it stayed in the card but its easy to snip out - so it is useful - I would think there are other memory box butterfly dies that are smaller that work the same way - but I am not sure how easy it is to tell its not that obvious from the picture on the front of the packet and I don't remember it being on the description for the die.

The one I have is called Rhone Butterfly wings (as I typed this i've just realised maybe the clue is there in the name - butterfly wings rather than butterfly) It comes with a separate die for the body & antenna - but I haven't included in the photo. I've got the matching block solid butterfly which is called effera butterfly wings - this also stays in the card in the same way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Summer. Thank you very much for the photo. I think it is a little big though. I will take a look at the memory box dies on their website. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a thought - I bought a punch from QVC - fairly small butterfly by Anna Griffin - she did a bow as well - I've been through my stuff and found it - picture attached hopefully. Measures 3cm by just over two at its widest outside edge. IMGP9007.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't docrafts do some punches like this a while ago?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizcake View Post
    Didn't docrafts do some punches like this a while ago?
    They did and still do as I've seen them in our Trago Mills.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jilly and Lizcake. Thank you so much for the suggestions and for taking the time to rummage and post a picture. I've taken a look at both the Anna Griffin and Docrafts websites with no luck. I think I am either just too fussy or I won't be happy until someone creates a die especially for me which fulfils my idea of what I want.