Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great British Sewing Bee - yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great British Sewing Bee - yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Did anyone else watch the recap/extra interviews tonight on BBC2? Apparently you get to meet the new contestants at 8.00 on Thursday, so perhaps the new series starts the next week - can't wait!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Even though I Don't do much sewing these days, looking forward to it.x
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never actually seen the program. I'm usually in my office/craft room on an evening, it lets 'himself' watch what he wants to for a change! ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I agree yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I'm looking forward to watching. I do a little bit of sewing using my Nana's old machine which I've had 30 years and she probably had it another 30 years.
    Lin

Post Thanks / Like

It was really interesting to see what everyone was doing since the programme ended. Heather, who won, has started a charity whereby she teaches young girls to sew, free of any charge. Linda (? the lovely Welsh lady) is teaching sewing. Chinello (sorry can't spell that one!) has her own design brand - the dress they showed as one of her designs was beautiful. The quirky lady who was the third person in the final (sorry can't remember her name) is running sewing classes.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a few of the first series but couldn't get into it (even tho I do sew) I cant do with peeps put under pressure and getting upset. I did see one programme last time & I really liked the Welsh lady (I'm sure the others were nice too). Might try again and yes Deefy it does start this week, sure that's what a VT said the other night.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm both a keen sewer and baker but I don't find sewing bee as watchable as bake off - I guess it's just harder to make clothes to drool over compared to cakes. My favourite episode was the Christmas 2013 special where they had a bit more variety eg an embroidered table runner.

Post Thanks / Like

I love bake off but I have only seen one Sewing Bee programme. Although I don't sew, I still really enjoyed it. If I remember rightly they had to insert some sleeves into a garment. Anyone who can sew is fantastic in my eyes. I can just about raise a hem and sew a button back on! Hope you all enjoy the new series.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spendsloads View Post
    I'm both a keen sewer and baker but I don't find sewing bee as watchable as bake off - I guess it's just harder to make clothes to drool over compared to cakes. My favourite episode was the Christmas 2013 special where they had a bit more variety eg an embroidered table runner.
    See we are all different! I hate cooking (baking) and gave it up asap at school . When I lived on my own I used to shop at Marks and Sparks for ready made meals and hubby has done all the cooking from the time I met him. The thought of cooking something over a period of hours, it being eaten in a short space of time and then all the washing up etc., makes me cringe.