Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cards I made this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cards I made this weekend

Hi everyone.

I thought I would be brave and post some cards I have made for friends birthdays in February. I can't take credit for the designs - they are Sue Wilson and John Lockwood designs I have tried to emulate. Hope you like them. With the middle one, I am thinking of putting a butterfly or two on it but I don't know if it will make it too busy but without it I am not sure if it is too plain - your opinions would help please.

DSC00498.jpgDSC00499.jpgDSC00500.jpg
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love them all especially number 1 - John has that as a giveaway on his blog today. I agree about number 2 'needing' something else. I don't get the craft thing of sticking butterflies everywhere. How about adding lots more pearls, not just down the 2 middle strips but also on the left and right. Well done on being 'brave' - your cards are all lovely.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Essex to the left, London to the right and Kent straight ahead!
    Post Thanks / Like

CraftySusan the cards are exquisite! I am so pleased that I have joined the forum so I can view the pictures that are posted and get some inspiration from the members . Hopefully I will gain the confidence to post some myself one day.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Pyjama Princess and for your suggestion. I could add more pearls, maybe lilac to tone in? It really needs a sentiment but I didn't want to cover up the flowers which all have pearls on (with hindsight i should have added the sentiment before adding the flowers and pearls). It took me all afternoon today to do the first one even though it looks quite simple but it is my favourite too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Anne. It would be lovely to see some of your cards some day but I know it is quite scary. I have been a member for over a year and this is only the second time I have posted my "creations". Everyone is very nice though and I am sure you will get lots of lovely comments.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They are all gorgeous Susan. The colour combinations on all the cards are perfect. I'm not sure I could pick a favourite I would love to receive any one of them!

If you did want to add a sentiment to the second card - you could position a sentiment in the bottom right hand quarter area of the card - don't fix it down just see what it looks like and decide.

Thanks for sharing your cards - I am in need of some inspiration at the moment

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely cards! I am guilty of not putting photos on, a bit selfish really as love to look at others, ( I did once a while back then chickened out again) xx

Post Thanks / Like

Your cards are wonderful! I really love this style of cards, and these look so well finished. I know what you mean about adding something to card 2 - what about a small ribbon top left or bottom right? Remember to show us the final version too!!

Post Thanks / Like

They are all lovely cards.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely lovely Craftysusan, wish mine were as nice! I will post some one day - just don't hold your breath LOL!

I can see what you mean about no 2 but wonder if its because you've pointed it out to us? If you leave it as it is, its a beautiful card and the only thing I would add is a sentiment which would give it an identity? You should be very proud of yourself CS!